Author Topic: Shipped (arrow exchange)!  (Read 11606 times)

Offline dmc

Re: Shipped (arrow exchange)!
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2013, 06:18:00 pm »
Big apology to my recipient for not shipping yet. Mine will be mailed tomorrow. I leave in two days for a caribou trip, and moonlight as a painter from my real job as a loans officer, so the last couple of weeks have been fairly hectic for me. I hope my recipient enjoys the arrow as much as I had fun making it.
I called mine "Recycled" for a few reasons. Last year we tore down our cabin at the lake in order to build a new one. As we were getting rid some old furniture I took apart some fir shelves that were built in the 70's and didn't have the heart to throw them out. The scrounger in my thought I could make some arrows with it. I cut square pieces off the boards and used a John Strunk arrow board and planer to carve out the arrow profile. The black walnut hard wood nock inserts (a first for me) came from a cabinet shop left overs from some kitchen cabinets. My broad head was made from a skilsaw blade I had kicking around. I carved it out using a dremel and file, and then silver soldered it to a ground down field point.
I'll post a pic of the process when I get my pics down loaded.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 10:10:46 pm »
Mine went out today.

Offline dmc

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »
Mine has been shipped. I had hope to post pics, but had problems uploading. I leave for my caribou hunt tonight and will be back in two weeks. I'm hoping that my recipient who is more Computor savvy than me can upload the pic. I had fun with this and hope he enjoys it.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline TRACY

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2013, 07:51:42 pm »
Shipped. It'll be there Thursday.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »
Shipped this morning.  Think it should be there on Saturday.  Wife mailed it and didn't understand the guy who was working at counter.  Anywho, it's in the mail! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »
Got mine back in the mail today they said the address wasn't right sent oldhippy a PM soon as he gets back to me I'll resend it.

Offline autologus

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:25 pm »
I forgot to post but count me as shipped.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2013, 12:44:35 pm »
I have both received and shipped an arrow. 

I will post pics as soon as I am able (when I get back home).

Russ

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:20 am »
Got mine yesterday from Trapper Rob. Very nice, Thank you Rob. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it. Can you tell me a little bit about the arrow Rob.  Thanks again   BDan
Cleves, Ohio