Author Topic: Old Arrows Need Advice  (Read 4513 times)

Trapper

Old Arrows Need Advice
« on: November 29, 2007, 03:21:07 pm »
I was sent some arrows to refinish for a guy and here is what they are , they are fletched with white turkey feathers and both ends of the fletching is wrapped with black thread and all of them have the name szaloky then a arrow then the letters of another name below that, I think the letters spell Keleman, does anyone on here know where they came from or when they were made.     Trapper

Trapper

Re: Old Arrows Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 06:06:06 pm »
Well I guess nobody knows , so I want too thank everyone that checked out my question.  Trapper

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 06:53:27 pm »
Hey Joe, it isn't me.  Now by the process of elimination, you are one person closer to getting your answear.   ;D  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:22:49 pm »
  Trap,I checked it out a couple of times.That name wouldn't be Saluki by any chance.That's all I can contribute.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 11:34:28 pm »
...Just saw this Joe. There was a rrrowsmith back in the thirties by name of Chester Keleman. He was a friend of a michigan bowyer by name of Bob (somebody) sorry dont remember his last name. How old are arras Trap ?............bob

Trapper

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:49:45 pm »
Bob They look like they are from that era, 1920s or 30s. They are all made exactly the same with black silk thread wrapping front and back, I really cant see the second name that good, but the fletching was white , but not awhole lot left, I was just curious because I would hate too mess up a collector item, but I guess if the fletching isnt in good shape they wouldnt be collectors would they? I wonder if I should restore them too original?  Oh and they even have self nocks.   Trapper

jamie

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 04:58:25 am »
trap a lot of states used to require that you signed your arrows before you shot them. some even required an address.

Offline Loki

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 03:40:37 am »
Szaloky is a Hungarian Arrowsmith,dont know how old the company is but i would be suprised if it was going in the 20's.You can the get the arrows today,i got a dozen with a Grozer Bow but there all long gone i'm afraid  ;D.

I'll PM you a Link to a Hungarian site what sells them Trapper.
Durham,England