Author Topic: Build along anybody??????  (Read 2155 times)

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
Build along anybody??????
« on: August 27, 2013, 12:11:39 am »
 Does anyone want to see a build along? just a plain Jane longbow I have to make for someone. I am building two so I f people would rather see it from the beginning after hunting season is choice #1. The other bow I'm building is at the floor tillering stage. If anyone wants to see a build along for either or both just reply yes and tell which one or both. Just wondering if people are tired of seeing em :)
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline randman

Re: Build along anybody??????
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 12:43:02 am »
You a noob here or sumpin?  ;) People on here NEVER get tired of build alongs of any sort.........It feeds the addiction when they're not buildin bows by being able to build them vicariously.......
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:10:38 am »
You'd be surprised how many people can learn from them, even if they don't pipe up. If your willing to take the time and document all your work, go for it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline twisted hickory

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:29:26 am »
Yes and both. However either will be just as good. Due to watching these buildalongs my bows actually will kill something if I can aim it right ::)
Greg

Don Case

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:24:05 pm »
Yes!!

Offline robA

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »
absolutely yes!!
Us noobies need these build alongs.
thank you

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 01:44:04 pm »
build a longs are always good. its intersting how different people can make the same exact bow but take totally different routes to get it done.

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 06:32:19 pm »
Will do guys. I never got bored but I saw some comments when people whine if it takes long. I am a mostly self taught bowyer with the exception of a few questions I've asked. So I probably have way different ways of getting it done. I think people will benefit from this one(at least beginners) because I've read everything, combined things ive learned, watched everything, shoot 1000 times a month, and hunt so it had to hold up and meet the requirements for what I do and I have handles that I like that tend to be big. I will get this stuff up all at once for the half finished one in a month. And build it with u for the second one. Excited! ;D
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 09:20:55 pm »
Go for it........ :) :) :) I'll enjoy watching  always learning
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking