Author Topic: Mama Scores Again  (Read 6696 times)

Offline DanaM

Mama Scores Again
« on: November 30, 2007, 09:49:13 pm »
Alright guys my wife just shot a big fat doe. Yea it was with the 30-30 but oh well. So far she has a six point and the doe this year, I have zip, zero, zilch.
Yup thats right if we were relying on my hunting prowess we would be starving ;D Pretty proud of her as she has to gut and drag em out on her own.
So how many of you guys do your wives hunt? Way to go baby keep daddy fed ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: Mama Scores Again
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:51:47 pm »
Alright guys my wife just shot a big fat doe. Yea it was with the 30-30 but oh well. So far she has a six point and the doe this year, I have zip, zero, zilch.
Yup thats right if we were relying on my hunting prowess we would be starving ;D Pretty proud of her as she has to gut and drag em out on her own.
So how many of you guys do your wives hunt? Way to go baby keep daddy fed ;)
    HA ! My wife used ta hunt me, does that count ? Is that what yer askin' ? ;D ;D ;D ;D.............bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 10:09:02 pm »
My wife hunts with me.  Last Saturday we were hunting cow elk and seeing nothing but bulls.  For some reason she wanted to get back to the truck until the sun came up.  Oh yea, it was the 13* temperature with a breeze.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 12:03:07 am »
Dana, My wife has taken 2 deer with a wheel bow and 1 with a rifle. She hasnt gone in a couple years now though, since she lost part of her vision in one eye. She was diagnoised with MS soon after that.  Her vision did come back mostly with treatment but she was still having trouble seeing threw a peep site, so we sold her compound bow and she started shooting a selfbow I made her last year but she's not confident enough with it yet to hunt with it.....

Tell your wife congrads, and I'm telling right now, you better watch that girl. They can shoot! ;)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 01:47:51 am »
Dana, Someone has to bring home the meat. ::) I'm probably going to my hunt club next weekend for the last time this year. Can you spell MEAT HUNT! 8) Savage 99 .308  ;D
  I will have my osage bow and the buffalo nut arrows with stone points that Cade made me for the 2nd and 3rd.  ;D ::)
     Pat

ps. Congrats to Moma! ;D 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:20:21 am »
Thats cool guys, I'd like to see more women hunt. That really sucks Ryano hopefully she will get her confidence
up and get back in the woods.
Justin my wife sits in a heated blind :o
Good luck Pat 308 seems primitive to me ;)
bob apparently she caught ya eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 11:26:34 am »
Good luck Pat 308 seems primitive to me ;)
And a Savage 99,  :o what year was it manufactured. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 11:31:01 am »
 ???  You got me! I purchased it used years ago.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 08:57:08 pm »
Way to go Mama - still wishin my wife would hunt - ain't happenin :-\.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 05:36:54 am »
Mine hunts,A MALL. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 08:25:06 am »

Mine lets me hunt as much as I like...I'll settle for that. :)

Unfortunately, she's probably more at home in the local malls then I am in the woods... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 08:42:01 am »
My wife isn't a big shopper unless we go to Gander Mtn. ;D
The doe she took was 130 lbs and her 6 pointer was 135 lbs

Manistique, MI

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 12:50:35 am »
my wife hunts and traps with me, started with a bear, weighed about 350 pounds. then a doe, mind you this was with a gun. she even got a .22 for mothers day(i wasnt sure how that was going to go but i lived to tell the tale) and now i have her shooting a recurve.[