Author Topic: Need ideas for an arrow rack  (Read 15323 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Need ideas for an arrow rack
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 04:46:20 pm »
Hey Clint
The same volume of Popular Mechanics do it yourself encyclopedia (1955)that has that cool bandsaw from pluming parts ! Has a cool case for caring archery gear , holds 2 doz arrows and all the other goodies !!It would go well with  to the bench you  made !
Wish I knew how to find it on line for you !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 11:57:22 pm »
Was it called an Asherum(sp), Guy? They were popular during Victorian times and was named for Roger Asherum.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Davesea

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »
Good idea I like it Davesea.  Quite a bit of drilling to make it and use more material, just my 2 cents worth.

Bow101, it requires drilling 24 holes for 24 arrows.  Then rip through middle of holes to make the top and bottom half circle holders.  I can calculate the square inches of material used if you would do the same and we can compare.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 10:41:24 pm »
Pat
They just referred to them as "archers kit" , I knew there had to be a different name for them ! Thanks for letting me know it !
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 02:50:56 pm »
In Maurice Thompson's book "The Witchery of Archery" they call what PatB is talking about an "Ascham" and it is used like a gun case. but for your bow and tackle.  Is this the same thing that you are talking about Guy?  dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 03:36:53 pm »
Bowtarist
Yes it is a carry case for all the goodies except the bow !
Guy
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bow101

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2013, 07:05:32 pm »
Good idea I like it Davesea.  Quite a bit of drilling to make it and use more material, just my 2 cents worth.

Bow101, it requires drilling 24 holes for 24 arrows.  Then rip through middle of holes to make the top and bottom half circle holders.  I can calculate the square inches of material used if you would do the same and we can compare.

I allready figured out, rip through the middle part;  But it looks like the bottom has divets in it..?
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Davesea

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 03:41:10 pm »

I allready figured out, rip through the middle part;  But it looks like the bottom has divets in it..?

Ya, bottom has divots so that would require some drilling.