Author Topic: Road trip = stave swap!  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
Road trip = stave swap!
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:37:06 pm »
Hey all.

My family is going to be making a road trip in the month of November from Oregon to Missouri to visit family folk and pitch our tipi in a new place for a bit. We are traveling in our large bus and plan to have a decent amount of Yew staves in tow. My idea is to meet bowyers in each state along the way and gift a stave, make a new bow maybe, go stumping, share a fire and conversation. We will be heading out of Portland Oregon east going through Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Kansas and Missouri on the first trip, with possible detours into the Dakotas or Montana depending upon weather.

If you are in these areas and want to get together to shoot some stumps, cook over some fire and maybe make a new bow, let me know!

Wylden
541-941-0870
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline sleek

Re: Road trip = stave swap!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:46 pm »
Dang, you will be missing me by about an hour or so....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:36:08 am »
No specific route yet. Where ya located?
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline sleek

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 03:37:16 am »
 touch north of Tulsa in a town called Sperry Oklahoma.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 11:52:35 am »
Im smack inda middle of Mo. right between St Louis & KC... If ya come thru Columbia area give me a call... I will pm my phone #..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 12:12:39 pm »
Keep me informed Wylden.If you get within a 100 miles of me it'd be worth it to me to try to trade you out of some of that yew or better yet stop by.I've got plenty of room to set up here in the sticks and you can listen to all of the wild life moving around you through the night.Just a nice part of life to me.I live in south cental Iowa.I've used a teepee to camp in for almost 30 years.I'll PM my phone to ya too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:33:59 pm »
If you decide to make that trip up to the Dakota's, I'm in central Nebraska and you're more than welcome to stop and set up for awhile. I'm not as primitive as you are living in my metal building you might feel right at home.>>>Fred
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 11:20:34 pm »
Keep me informed Wylden.If you get within a 100 miles of me it'd be worth it to me to try to trade you out of some of that yew or better yet stop by.I've got plenty of room to set up here in the sticks and you can listen to all of the wild life moving around you through the night.Just a nice part of life to me.I live in south cental Iowa.I've used a teepee to camp in for almost 30 years.I'll PM my phone to ya too.

I think you live probably a 2 and a half hour drive from me
I like osage

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 12:40:48 am »
 i'm in south east Montana if your comin through, we can go stump thumpin, forge some knives, work on some bows or what ever you want to do.  have a good one,   Duck
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Lemos

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 01:16:17 am »
Hope your not bailing for too long brother. Be safe out there.