Author Topic: Scottsburg Shoot  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Ozzy

Scottsburg Shoot
« on: September 22, 2013, 12:40:46 pm »
Had a great weekend in Scottsburg this weekend with some of the guys here on PA
Derek doing some knapping
Bill working on some arrows
Clint making a nice bamboo quiver
me chasing a ring
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline Ozzy

Re: Scottsburg Shoot
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 12:48:04 pm »
Daniel checking tiller
Clint with the bear he speared
Derke with his bear
Haley with her target

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 12:52:56 pm »
The crew and how about that tall guy in the back I think he had a growth spurt lol

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 01:53:11 pm »
Nice pictures Ozzy.  I had a blast this weekend.  We all did great on the 3D course.  The atlatl was a lot of fun also.  I need to go cut some cane so I can make one now.  The club put on a great shoot.  Everyone was friendly and invited us to come back next year.  It was only $7 to shoot the course.  This weekend trip was just what I needed to relax and enjoy the outdoors.  Its always good to hang out with PA guys.  Bill is quite the campfire cook.  I had to leave as him and Ozzy were cooking pork loin, cobbler, potatoes, and carrots.  I should have stayed and called in sick today.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:00:52 pm »
Looks like I missed out.  I got a load halfway there, but not close enough to get to go.  That tall guy REALLY grew since I last seen him! :o   ;) >:D. Lol!  Josh

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 03:58:14 pm »
I've been taking vitamins  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 04:04:04 pm »
I need some of your vitamins Clint.i just want to say,Bill makes one heck of a cobbler.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline TRACY

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 06:42:21 pm »
Looks like a real good time! Wished I could have made :(. Next time!

Nice shot on the bear Clint!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 07:41:48 pm »
Cool pics guys. Looks like more primitive good times to me!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 09:01:56 pm »
Hey Guys,
Can't remember the last time I had such a good time.  Really missed you guys around the camp Saturday night!, Clint......... that light/lantern was really the ticket for dinner. Don't know what we would have done without it.  Thanks,  best trade I've ever made.  ;)  Derick and I solved all the world problems later that evening over a barley pop or two. until it got cooled enough to hit the hay.  It was good to see Daniel and his girl friend Sunday morning,  Thanks Daniel for helping me knock down the shelter.  Boy......... it sure rained Friday night.  Water built up on my shelter so bad it and broke it in three or four pieces.  Thank goodness for Ozzy's duct tape!!  ;);D  And Ozzy ,,,,really enjoyed your little girl being around.  You should have gotten/made her that arm guard for her long ago  :)

Clint built a quiver soooo fast............. I saw him starting it and turned around a few minutes later and it was done.   8) quiver  Clint, you'll have to post it.   Ozzy chased and ring on a an Osage stave and Derick knocked out a cool point.  Ozzy cooked a really good tasting Pork tender loin that everyone enjoyed it.  And I think everyone enjoyed the apple cobbler.  My buddy Dan, really enjoyed the company and dinner.  The club put on a great and friendly shoot.  I think Clint did pretty good in the trade blanket toooo.  I'm definitely going to this shoot after the hunting season a few times.  We'll all have to get together and shoot some then. The long johns may be needed that time of the year.

Well until next time we meet ....Shoot straight and get the meat in the freezer ,. 
Meniedeluh Muga.........
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline DLH

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 10:05:54 pm »
Had a blast guys wish I could have got off work earlier Friday to make it up I'll try and make the whole three days next time. Had loads of fun with the Atlatl I definitely want one now. Ate some persimmons with Derek ,think they would make wine ? Bill gifted me 3 of his "trash" arrows I think they are great I have been showing them off to everyone! Made a good trade with ozzy and even learned how to distinguish between male and female cedar trees :laugh: thanks everyone had a blast!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »
I've been taking vitamins  ;D

Lol!  I need some of your vitamins Clint!  The ones I've been taken only seem to make my belly grow! >:( ;) ;D. Lol!  Josh

blackhawk

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 07:24:21 am »
Cool boys....I see Clint can hit a target now  :laugh: ....bill what's up with that salty stuff on your face?  ::)  :laugh:

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 07:56:06 am »
Looks like a great time,had to be with that crew,and yes Steve you do need some of the vitamins.  ;) :) Clint you have grown since I seen ya last. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 09:04:39 am »
Computer was down when I got home, go figure, nothin new, huh.  I had the time of my life.  The shoot was cheap, they had free coffee and sausage in the morning and everyone was great.  Got to meet a few guys I hope to meet again, Doyle Daniels and Tom Talley to name a couple.  I plan on making it to enough shoots next year that I will need to join the club to make it worth my while the year after.  Great bunch of folks down there in Scottsburg! Totally enjoyed the company of my PA buddies.  Great to meet  Daniel and Kasey and spend a little more time with Bill since that was the second time I've meet him.  Ozzy cooked a great pork chop and ...Well as already said, Clint really is industrious. Good shot on the bear w/ the atlatl too Clint. We can thank Haley for hounding me to get it out. ;D Had a great time, thank you all for making that happen for me!!

Positively, dpgratz
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:01:50 pm by bowtarist »
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)