Author Topic: Another set of orange billets in progress  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Another set of orange billets in progress
« on: September 23, 2013, 03:04:51 pm »
What would be a reasonable draw length to expect out of a typical osage bow 57.5" ntn, 1 1/4" at the fades for 15" and tapering to 1/2" tips. Can I possibly get  28" by flipping the tips? I have
1 5/16" just beyond the fades but was thinking I should sand off the 1/16" so that the limbs are no wider than the fades.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Another set of orange billets in progress
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 03:39:12 pm »
Will it draw to 28"? My guess is yes it will, easily. Is 28" the healthiest draw length for the bow as is? Probably not without deflex in the handle or sinew. Id say 24-25" would be a healthier length for that bow.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »
Thanks PD, then it gets sinew!!! 8) I draw 28 and don't like short draw bows.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »
That would be a safer bet for 28" of draw.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.