Author Topic: some homemade arrows . cane and boo 1 aluminium  (Read 1471 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
some homemade arrows . cane and boo 1 aluminium
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:11:58 pm »
Hey guys . Here are some arrows i made . The points on three of them are for small game rabbits squrells birds ect. And one point is a beer bottle bottom i knapped out . That arrow with the knapped head has a mahogany insert for a forshaft ( i was copying some ideas from ishi . Hence the black and yellow. And mahogany forshaft ) the feathers are just duck and anything i could find on the ground .  For big game i still use store bought arrows and spine them ... but these are just fun and do shoot well .
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

Re: some homemade arrows . cane and boo 1 aluminium
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 04:20:00 pm »
The aluminium arrow was a store bought and i cut the fletchings off and sinew glue fleched featchers on and made a i dian style blunt tip ... the. Longest one is rivercane and the other 2 are bamboo . I like bamboo better than cane because it is stronger and bends with heat better . Ya know ... bamboo is quite amazing really :) you can do alot with that plant .make bows arrows fishing poles . Torchure people by planti g seedlings under them and tieing them down . The boo will grow right through them . It is super strong and light weight and grows really fast . It floats for raft making ... you can use it to make fire both with fire saw method and drill methos . Blow guns ... the list goes on and on ... bamboo is def. One of the most universal useful flora in the world . . :)
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »
Dude, you ought to make a two hour road trip after I get home in two weeks. I'll send you home with an arm load of arrow material. 

The ones you posted look good and primitive. I like how you use what you have.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:20:23 am »
I am definatly down with coming up to chill man !!! Im all alone in this lifestyle and to have somone like minded would be incredible ... my friend travis is in clermont and he and i are setti g up a hunt up that way between oct. 19th and nov. 17th some time in there ... ill probably make it a week . You should come with us if you havent alreDy filled up yet :)  have a safe trip and if your hunting good luck my brotha .