Author Topic: $1 million dollar deer  (Read 13298 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
$1 million dollar deer
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:14:43 pm »
This is a breeder at a ranch in Texas.  He comes from an artificial insemination program.  I realize he isn't a wild buck so it will never a real trophy to most of us, but thought you might like to see it. His name is stickers and he has a 46-point rack and a Boone and Crockett score of 334. Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline welch2

• redneck heathen
Re: $1 million dollar deer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:11:45 pm »
Looks kinda like driftwood.  ;D

Ralph

wvfknapper

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:34 pm »
Must be a Chemical Plant nearby  :o

wvflintknapper

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 08:33:08 pm »
  Maybe Santa Claus would like ta have him ! ;D........bob

Offline Kegan

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 08:37:12 pm »
Holy crap, that's kinda freaky. Hey, anybody else wondering about the sheds >:D?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 08:39:04 pm »
That's the one that made the rub in the back yard ;D. Naw, that just aint right - farming deer like a crop..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 10:00:15 pm »
Naw, that just aint right - farming deer like a crop..
We have our athletes on steroids, why not our deer.  I agree it really is a shame.  Like I said, not really a trophy anymore is it.  They are doing a food job of breading horns on inferior quality deer.  Several of them have died from respiratory infection.  Maybe they will get a whole heard and one cold storm will kill them all.   >:D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 10:29:41 pm »
  I wonder how much of that is from rubbing and beating on a hog wire fence?It would probally not be so ragged looking in the wild.What a shame,with all those 'roids I bet he is dumber than hell.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 11:29:46 pm »
I am so glad to hear you guys sound off like that. The first thing I thought when I saw it was"eww thats fugly." It just doesn't have the same magnificent strength and beauty that a real big daddy of the woods has. Interestingly enough, technology is not only breeding specific qualities in animals but our seed supply is really being eroded with all the genetically modified seed out there. Before you know it we'll all be eating genetically modified hamburgers on buns made out of genetically modified wheat,drinking our aspertame sweetened pop while we dip our genetically modified french fries in our genetically modified tomato catsup and then next thing you know we will be genetically modified.Then you 'll have a bunch of guys walking around with horms on their head like the deer in picture................
Just kidding but I think you get the picture. So how did I get from there to here? Well I guess you could say I took the scenic route.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 11:48:53 pm »
We have non-typical mulies with ragged horns in the wild, but they aren't usually quite so bad.  A lot of the really ragged ones are stags so breeding isn't an issue. Justin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:13:47 am by Justin Snyder »

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 12:03:24 am »
We have non-typical mulies with ragged horns in the wild, but they aren't usually quite so bad.  A lot of the really ragged ones are stags so breeding isn't an issue. Justin
Excuse me but is "breading" like  "breeding ? "  I thought breading was fer cutlets ! Well dang live and learn ! ;D.........bob
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:14:45 am by Justin Snyder »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 12:12:33 am »
Excuse me but is "breading" like  "breeding ? "  I thought breading was fer cutlets ! Well dang live and learn ! ;D.........bob
What are you talking about smart mouth...... There is one in every group isn't there. Well this group of "chuckle heads" might have a couple more than one.  Now leave me and my migraine alone.  ;D Justin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:17:38 am by Justin Snyder »

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 12:22:25 am »
        Hahaha ! Ya changed it, caught ya ! na-na-na-na ! ;D......bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 12:28:30 am »
That is a little trick I learned from Marie.  ;D Justin

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 08:47:26 am »
If you sawed some of those freakish wads of points off, those horns would make a couple really nice knapping billets.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.