Author Topic: Who HASN'T got a trade bow?  (Read 8442 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Who HASN'T got a trade bow?
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:01:24 pm »
Im still spinning tires with a no show or two. Please let me know if you don't have a bow and have no communication with your builder.

P.S.

Please help me keep this up top.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:14:58 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
Re: Who HASN'T got a trade bow?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:07:03 pm »
Yeah, seriously. It's one thing to not deliver, it's another to not own up to it. As someone who plans on being in the next bow trade, the fact that this is still an issue makes me cautious-- though only a little, I know most of you are cool ;)
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:14:30 pm »
75 out of 78 isn't too bad huisme. I wouldn't let that discourage your entering. Keep in mind there is a "list" kept from each swap. Eventually you weed out folks that don't take it seriously. The more you do that the lesser the odds of no shows. I can tell you for free I wont facilitate again, its too frustrating for my personality to be "played" as I have by a few folks. I have a hard time holding my tongue.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 04:21:36 pm »
lol xmas trade is only 50 some people and its definitely alot of work to keep up with. i hope no one flakes out this year.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:18:11 pm »
Oh wow, that really isn't all that bad. Didn't know about the list either.

That's reassuring!

Applause for your superhuman patience and composure. I would have become unpredictable and unreliable in your situation.
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:48:40 pm »
Yeah please name the people so none of us get done wrong .... im generous and enjoy making bows enough that of someone was broke and needed one i would gladly give one to someone if they asked ... but to just steal one with a hollow promise of a trade . In the wild west you get shot for less .
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 06:31:45 pm »
Im just about done with the "make up" bow... Sick family, a wedding, and a funerel slowed me down abit but the end is in sight  ;)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline danny f

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:16:43 pm »
i havent recieved mine yet but have been told that it is not to far from being finished.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »
I'm still looking for a Trade Bow.
But I know you know P.D. ...   :)

Even with the current Flakes taken into consideration, I will be happy to be a part of the 2014 Bow Trade.
The Primitive Archer Family of Folks is the best around.
Period.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »
I'm still looking for a Trade Bow.
But I know you know P.D. ...   :)

Even with the current Flakes taken into consideration, I will be happy to be a part of the 2014 Bow Trade.
The Primitive Archer Family of Folks is the best around.
Period.

-gus

yup, and as we all know, every family has a black sheep.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 08:08:42 pm »
Im just about done with the "make up" bow... Sick family, a wedding, and a funerel slowed me down abit but the end is in sight  ;)... Brian

Whatever slacker......!.............Thanks again!

Offline bubby

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 12:38:42 am »
Ttt
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 08:48:18 am »
If it makes everyone feel better, the five people that didn't send a bow last year but recieved one aren't on this site since the trade. And, per PA policy, no posting the names of the Ripoff's on the site.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 10:06:39 am »
I understand ??? your policy of not posting the names of the dead beats on this site but would surely hope that you pass the names of those that didn't follow through on to the moderators of our brother sites >:D
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 10:13:57 am »
People talk from site to site Fred, don't you sweat it buddy.

My purpose isn't to drag anybody through the mud. I just want this wrapped up now that we are a month and a half past the deadline. There are folks who had hoped to hunt with a new swap bow that are still waiting. I try to stay in contact with both parties when I can. It seems the person waiting to get a bow is much, much easier to contact. Weird......