Author Topic: Who HASN'T got a trade bow?  (Read 8443 times)

Offline TimPotter

Re: Who HASN'T got a trade bow?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14:41 am »
Recently I asked on another bow forum why they haven't done a bow-trade since 2008? The answer was that it drove the person in charge crazy over the number of guys who don't come through. I always enjoyed bow trades and was never duped myself, but have seen the effects it has on others. I don't think the majority of those who don't come through is out of evil intent, it is more that they write checks with their mouths that their hands can't cash. They simply procrastinate or think their bow isn't good enough to send. I've loved every bow I ever received no matter the style or skill level.
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

blackhawk

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 10:19:33 am »
For any of those concerned or want to know, I am planning on running the show again next year....i actually enjoyed it because the positives outweighed the negatives by the tons  :D ..a lot of times its so easy to forget all the good that happened by one tiny nuisance....

Love to have ta aboard next year thimo...it'll be starting up the end of January next year ;)

Oh..and I have "lists" ;)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 11:13:33 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:PD I don't sweat much on anything anymore, but by yours and blackhawk's responses I had to laugh. It so much reminds me of our government officials sitting over a conference table trying to figure out which of the privelidge citizenry is on the "need to know" basis.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 01:11:30 pm »
For any of those concerned or want to know, I am planning on running the show again next year....i actually enjoyed it because the positives outweighed the negatives by the tons  :D ..a lot of times its so easy to forget all the good that happened by one tiny nuisance....

Love to have ta aboard next year thimo...it'll be starting up the end of January next year ;)

it is fun, i keep telling myself i wont do it again but i know i will lol. you have my help if you want it blacky

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 09:46:28 pm »
If it makes everyone feel better, the five people that didn't send a bow last year but recieved one aren't on this site since the trade.

New participants, please take note that these people were not booted and banned.  Their shame makes it impossible for them to partake in polite society.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline KellyG

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 11:09:56 pm »
Oh yes Pearl and I swap info before this swap started.

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 10:17:23 am »
Blackhawk I'll be hopping onboard for sure. I miss the fun of these sort of things.
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

blackhawk

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 01:56:05 pm »
Cool thimo...someone will be a happy lucky dog to get a bow from you ;)

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 02:09:45 pm »
and I from them. :)

blackhawk

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 03:48:54 pm »
You wouldn't want one of my junkers   ;)  :laugh:

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 03:52:50 pm »
Trust me Tim, he is right.....you don't want one, unless you need something to hold your bow rack down!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »

it is fun, i keep telling myself i wont do it again but i know i will lol. you have my help if you want it blacky
   And I have a list that goes back a few years. And I'll hunt them down on other websites, too. >:D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 09:57:06 pm »
Mullet's threat is not an empty one.  He tracked me down up in a holler near Clarkesville, TN and made me drink somfin' outa a mason jar. Dunno what it wuz and I'm perty sure I don't wanna know.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 12:25:08 pm »
i love stuff out of mason jars, i call it HULK juice lol

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 05:58:59 pm »
Mason jars . I like what's in mason jars as long as you can see through if. Lol