Author Topic: Well, how was it?  (Read 3626 times)

Stringman

Re: Well, how was it?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 07:41:47 pm »
Heck yeah!! Nice work YB, way to get er done!

I had a nice sit last night. Walked into the back side of an interior bean field and sat with alternating wind and rain gusts keepin me clinched most of the evening. I was fretting about the right time to climb down when a doe and fawn surprised me walkin along the edge of the field. I had to jerk an arrow frm the quiver and durned if she didn't stop just right.  Like she was reading the script, past the tree limb, 2 steps forward, then look the other way. Almost like she was saying "alright this is your freebie, don't screw it up!!" Well, I screwed it up... Didn't pick a spot and shot right over her back.

Seconds after the shot my leg started shakin so bad, I liked to fall clean out of that tree. Had to sit down while my body was completely consumed with the shivers for about 5 minutes. I any talking goosebumps, these were the full blown HORSE SHAKES!!

Well, anyway, it's good to know I ain't perfect yet, cause I been wondering.

>:D    Keep them stories coming! It's deer season!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:45:32 pm by Stringman »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 02:24:23 pm »
Good stuff YB!

Scott, cool story. That's why we do it my friend!

My last 5 hunts have been deerless since my first hunt seeing 4 deer. I am enjoying it all the same. Had a gorgeous Osprey fly right over me last night on my walk out, they are soooo cool in flight. He just caught a thermal and hung out with me for a minute.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 03:38:52 pm »
Was all prepared for our opening day sept.28, but came down sick the night before. Finaly made it out oct. 7 but got started about an hour later than i wanted. Five does ran across the road in front of me about 200 yards from where i was going to park, headed right toward my stand. Instead of going to my stand i went farther down the ridge to another spot i thought they might move thru, but didnt see anything but squirrels. One squirrell gave me shot at 10 yards but i would have been sending a flint point directly into a large white oak so i passed on it. Am planning on getting to my stand plenty early this evening.
Steve Bennett

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 09:39:05 am »
I haven't been out yet and now I'm stuck in Spain for a few weeks. :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 08:30:56 am »
Opening day for me was awesome. Despite the fact it was raining half the day, and didn't see any critters. I drove 6 hours north to the upper peninsula to chase bears and deer. Saw a lot of sign from both. Did see some deer, but had no shots. All we came home with was a cooler full of holes. Saw some bear tracks not far from camp. Momma and a cub, think the cub decided to make the cooler a chew toy that night. It was fun!

Pearl, I too decided to go strictly stone points this year. Everybody thought I was crazy for sittin in the bear woods, 10 yards from a bait pile with nothin but sticks and stones.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI