Author Topic: THE WISH LIST  (Read 19964 times)

Offline Rick Wallace

Re: THE WISH LIST
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 10:38:08 pm »
What's a khawk?
You dont know,,,,do ya?   :o
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Weylin

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »
I'm really open to whatever. I like all things sharp and dangerous whether it's steel, stone or wood. I have a bit of a knife fetish if you're so inclined but if not, don't sweat it. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I like surprises too!

Offline skarhand

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 11:15:40 pm »
I am fairly new to this site so I'll throw up some ideas of what I'd like. :)

Being newer to the hobby, I would love anything that all you experienced bow makers would consider useful. Any tools, raw bow materials, scraps...basically I'd be happy if you just swept up your shop and mailed me the contents of the dust pan, lol.

Better would be a sweet bow that I can use as a model for my future bows. :)

One made from a stave so I can see how that is supposed to look, something backed with something cool (snake/fish skins).

Honestly, I am so stoked about getting anything from all you awesome guys. I hope I can deliver something cool to my recipient that they will like.

Skar

Offline 4dog

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 12:46:20 am »
i cant either..lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Accipiter

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 12:47:50 am »
Well, I'm game for anything you fine folks make or find in the woods, on the farm, etc. I'd definitely love some backing materials, other raw materials, arrows, quiver, or if you're so incline a bow to use as a benchmark for my future work (and to shoot the heck out of, obviously!) would be dandy! Pretty set knife and tool-wise, but other than that I'm excited for whatever!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 12:54:10 am »
my last post was for you Mullet!

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 11:08:49 am »
I am easy to please and would enjoy anything. But these old shoulders are getting tired and I really need a bow around 45-50 lbs.  What comes from the heart is what matters.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 02:28:44 pm »
So I attempted my prototype for my victim. It works but not like I want. Back to the drawing board
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 03:28:20 pm »
Stalked my victim  still not sure!   :-\
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 03:36:02 pm »
my last post was for you Mullet!

;D ;D ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 04:28:45 pm »
To whom ever got my name.  I'm not picky.  Anything I get is enjoyed.  Now if it was a new hawk I would be like a giddy school girl.  Other wise I'll be like a kid on Christmas day.

As for the individual whose name I drew.  I gave arrows last year so look for something that you would least expect.  I just hope you like it.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

Offline Scottski

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:11 am »
If I got my wish it would be a snaky osage bow. Love em but don't have one. I have some rattle snake skins for one. If I can ever make or get one. I would be happy to receive just whatever someone took the time to make. I love hand made anything. This is my first time doing this. Arrow trade was fun but mine came in broke. Anyway you guys do some really good work.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2013, 03:07:20 am »
Pretty much anything would be awesome. I don't have any atlatls and my bow stock is very limited. Bow making supplies and other such items are always useful. Handmade items like knives and arrowheads are always cool and useful. I haven't gotten to do any hunting yet but items geared towards hunting or bowfishing or things like that are awesome too. Staves can sit for a year because it never hurts to dry them out longer. I don't have a warbow, so if thats something you like to make then I'm up for one but probably not over like 100 lbs at 32" draw or 34". I am not going to be picky, whatever I get whether its a major item or a simple raw material or whatever it is I wont have a problem with it. Do what you would enjoy making/giving since that is really what I feel the trade is kind of about. Warclubs and other things like that are cool. Rawhide shield is cool too. Basically anything primitive or handmade  ;)

Have a fun time with whatever you pick and enjoy this trade! Good luck to all you others!
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline TRACY

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2013, 08:59:00 am »
Anything that comes with good intentions and the spirit of the trade are fine by me. Oh yea, it shouldn't be stressful either. ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline 4dog

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2013, 10:07:47 am »
^^^^now thats thinking of the other guy!!   8) 8)