Author Topic: Traditional Bowyers Bible  (Read 6282 times)

Immortal

Traditional Bowyers Bible
« on: December 07, 2007, 03:43:43 am »
Hey, I was just looking at the Traditional Bowyer's Bible book series on Amazon etc.  I was just wondering whose read them?

I'm not very good with my hands when it comes to making stuff, so at this stage... I'm not really planning on actually making my bows. So, I was wondering if the book will be of use to me while I learn more about archery and how to use a bow and arrow in general???

Thanks

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Traditional Bowyers Bible
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:39:13 am »
Yes I have them all,they have a lot of other info on arrows ,strings and general stuff that should intrest you and if you do decide to build a bow or some of your own stuff they are great.I think
you can also get them here on line from Horsefeather on the main page. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 08:00:52 am »
I have them and read them all the time, thier a good read but a better reference book.

If you want to learn more about primitive archery I would suggest a subscription to
Primitive Archer. More than worth the cost and ya get six issues a year ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:56:22 am »
The TBB series are great books, well worth twice their price.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Bishop

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:24:49 pm »
they are great books, i am also new to bow making and they have been a  great help to me, very educational and fun to read. the two places i go for answers are the Bowyer Bible series and this forum... ;D

Bishop

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 08:58:24 pm »
Absolutly, a must have series of books.  I heard they are releasing a fourth book.  Does anyone know when that is coming out?
Traverse City, MI

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:14:49 am »
Jim Hamm startted a thread about volume 4 over on the "Bows" section.   His post mentions a summer 2008 date for distribution.    Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Immortal

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 08:22:29 pm »
Just got the TBB for X-mas, and started reading it.  Even as a non-bowyer builder, I am finding it very interesting and informative.  I look forward to getting the 4th volume as well.  Cheers guys.

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 01:37:57 am »
i asked about the tbb vol 4 and was given a "sometime in march" release date. I've read the other 3- 4 or 5 times through so i'm looking forward to it. they are exactly as the title describes them.
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter