Author Topic: Rabbit Arrows?  (Read 13334 times)

Offline twisted hickory

Re: Rabbit Arrows?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 09:50:55 pm »
Glue on blunts with white feathers. I prefer flu flu due to large white fletching and if they do richoet they won't go far. Plus ya can use them for shooting tree rats out of trees. My small game quiver is 7 reg fletch and 7 flu flu. They work great.
Greg

FAW

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 08:31:35 am »
I'm using blunted broadheads, just the tips knocked off - helps me with overall consistency of the arrows'  flight regardless what I am hunting. In other words, the flight of the blunted broadhead works the same as a sharp tipped one.

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 10:23:55 pm »
Depends on the habitat your shooting them in.  If you dont want them to run and shooting in thick briars you want something that wont catch on briars and go through them to pin them to ground.  If fairly open ground then blunts should be fine.  Just my opinion. :)
Aim Small...Hit Small

Davesea

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 05:34:21 pm »
I have been meaning to try a bowfishing arrow point, so they don't get away.

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 03:01:39 am »
Problem with the bowfishing point is that it'll really mess up the meat, hide, etc and that's just no bueno. (Trust me I made that mistake on a chukar; he ended up as food for my redtail) Personally for homemade small game heads I like to use .38 special brass that's been half filled with melted lead (I know not very environmentally friendly) then glued onto the shaft; they usually do a fair amount of percussive damage and will drop a rabbit 8 times out of 10. Another idea I've been messing with is using a bodkin style tip with a mushroom shaped tip as apposed to a sharp needle, they're iffy so far (Don't fly too well and they're really heavy)
If you want to spend some money you could always use glue on Judo blunts, or use rubber blunt tips with a spiraled wire to catch brush. I'll try to post picks of what I'm talking about  :o
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 10:22:30 pm »
I found some 38 shells and had wondered about putting a little lead in them.  I think I'll give that a try.  Thanks.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 04:38:14 am »
I found some 38 shells and had wondered about putting a little lead in them.  I think I'll give that a try.  Thanks.
The first time I used lead fishing weight melted and then poured into the casing. The latest I've used bullet casting lead. It'll make then rather heavy so just mess with it until it's the weight you want.
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.