Author Topic: hickory backed erc  (Read 1158 times)

Offline bushboy

hickory backed erc
« on: October 13, 2013, 01:02:07 pm »
62#ttt,pyramid with slight set back handle,50 @ 28"and came in @13oz.very well shot in. Take 7/8" unbraced and 5/8 resting.a glued in 3/8 of rEflex in the handle wich it lost half,so if this is taken in to account alittle more unbraced and resting set.nice little target bow for my brother to take back to japan.I tiller this one a little different in that most of the worK is being done by the outer limbs to minimis set in the inners.shoots fast and flat.the hickory looks thick in the overlay pic,but it's just under an 1/8".TFL!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: hickory backed erc
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 01:17:13 pm »
Very nice bow bushboy.Like all the pics of it that there is.Gracious gift to your brother too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:04:48 pm »
Nice bow. I love this wood. I got a maple backed erc longbow I have been putting off posting, just cause I am a bit too lazy to make a string for it,  ::). ERC is a fun wood to work. I can't for the life of me go five minutes without denting the stuff though, especially on a longbow where I am running into everything, ceilings fans, etc,  :). Very nice bow, I bet he will love the crap out of it, as I am sure it shoots nice and fast, and it looks beautiful.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:04:36 pm »
Nice looking tiller
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking