Author Topic: Cedar arrows..your opinion  (Read 19435 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Cedar arrows..your opinion
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »
You just sold me a dozen Carson! Ive been ho-humming for 3-4 years about getting some from those guys. Now that I know your dad is in it, I have a connection. I like supporting, in a round about way, my friends.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2013, 01:18:21 am »
I am glad I could push you over the fence, Chris  ;) I would like to hear what you think of them. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 08:05:02 am »
I never met an arrow material I didnt like! Some are just better. Ill give you my full report in a month or so Carson. I love a parallel wood shaft that weighs up just a bit more than cedar. I like a finished 29" arrow with 145 up front to come in around 570-600 if I cant help it. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2013, 11:58:06 am »
PD, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have a 3/4" plywood backstop behind my target and when I was learning how to shoot I could only miss once with a cedar. With the Surewood shafts I have shot each arrow into the wood many times and I have only broken one arrow in hundreds and hundreds of shots. yes I was a pretty bad shot. ::)