Author Topic: The Archeress says G'day  (Read 8190 times)

Offline Archeress

The Archeress says G'day
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:37:18 am »
G'day all.  My names Kelly, i am from Australia, perfect one day..brilliant the next.  Um anyway i have been shooting natural for 4 of my 7 archery years. Not long i know but its one piece to the puzzle that is me.

I have been fascinated by warbows and 100 years war and anything medieval really.  At present i am target shooting with a 70 pound Elm.  But thats my "FUN" bow.  For some SERIOUS fun i  practice with a 110 greenheart and bamboo longbow. 

Also working in a 127 pound alpine Yew.  Oh yeahhhhh.  I shoot off the hand with no protection,  i mean well thats just for girls...oh wait..thats me lol.  I have had a history of weight lifting, kayaking and canoeing.  ok so not all technique but partial brute strength.  i would like to think my target weight will one day be at least 140..maybe..lofty ambitions so i will keep plugging away.  If i dont make it then i dont. 

Warbowing is my first love and then single wood longbows.  If you give me a compound i shall show you how far i can throw it.

I belong to a 14th century re-enactment group called "Knights Order of Lion Rampant"  I practice most days and love my 3D shooting.

Archeress is a long way from home

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: The Archeress says G'day
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:13:06 am »
You go, girl! And a big welcome to PA. ;D I saw your video and been reading the Warbow section and you have my respect. The only time I tried a full draw on a Warbow was a 90# made by PatB. I might have got a few pounds more but not much. I hope to see more of your post on here.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 04:32:14 pm »
Welcome aboard! Anyone, male or female, that can pull 110# has my instant respect.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:01:57 pm »
Not 'cher ordinary Sheila, are ya?  With an introduction like that half the guys in this forum are dragging their tongues and the other half haven't logged on yet!

Not surprised that you mention that you practice daily.  In order to pull bows of that weight effectively it has to become a lifestyle.  The Tommies figured that out hundreds of years ago, much to the chagrin of the Froggies.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 01:27:24 am »
 Hey , welcome  aboard . I think you already have some fans on here. Looking forward to more posts.

Offline Archeress

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 03:32:06 am »
Hey thanks guys for the great welcomes.  Cant be unhappy with that .  though i love my warbow i am interested in other forms of archery but i really think that a single piece of wood and shooting off the hand is the bees nees.  I cant imagine osi measuring out distances and marks on the bow etc etc. 

anyway...i havent looked over the whole site yet but i have subscribed to primitive archer mag..read a few before so no stranger here.   Does this platform allow for decent photos?. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 12:24:40 pm »
Welcome Archeress. We not only allow decent pics, we demand them.  8)   We all love pics of bows and arrows and bowyers and archers, etc, etc, etc! Now that you have a subscription to PA Magazine you are eligible for your bows to be entered into Bow of the Month.
 I also like selfbows and off the hand shooting although lately I've steered towards short, sinew backed recurves. Evolution I guess.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 04:10:58 pm »
Oh, I am sooooo biting my tongue right now and NOT posting my comments about indecent photos.  Needless to say they are all very funny, slightly ribald, and oddly charming comments.

But we are a family website, right?  At least there are private messages!  >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 05:07:02 am »
If you give me a compound i shall show you how far i can throw it.
Didn't Archimedes say that? ;)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:24:01 pm »
welcome aboard! Was that you in the YT vid on the warbow section thread?  That's impressive either way!!  You joined a great site and thanks from all of us subscribers for your PA subscript.  HAve a gooder, dpgratz

Next you'll have to make a trip to THE TENNESSEE CLASSIC first weekend in May!  You can make a week of it! ;)
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 09:31:15 am »
Welcome,love to see some pictures of the bows you shoot WOW 110 LBS thats about 3 time what I want to draw.  :) You go girl. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Archeress

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 08:48:53 pm »
hi there and thanks...:)   i have two elms coming in this week and a yew from england hopefully in the next few weeks..i shall endeavour to post pics of all my bows. 

Offline 4dog

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 11:45:37 am »
somebody send her an osage stave..i wanna see a warbow built from it!  i would but im PO..cant even afford the OR...LOL
"SET" is always there !!!