Author Topic: New guy  (Read 3442 times)

Parsky

New guy
« on: October 20, 2013, 12:59:22 pm »
Hello all! I am new to the form and have been interested in primitive archery for a long time. Currently I am using a compound machine to hunt (after reading more about primitive archery realized what I'm using isn't really a bow lol) and I have a desire to break free from the pool of popularity and walk down the narrow path. I have read and seen some of the work from the bowyers from this site and if I become have as good as some of you I will be overjoyed. I hope to learn a lot. Thanks to everyone who shares their wisdom on this site. Parsky

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 01:17:08 pm »
Welcome, Parsky, I'm sure you will enjoy your new addiction. There is plenty of help and giving people on this site and you be able to build you a bow in no time. If you get a subscription to the magazine it will be eligble for Bow of the Month also.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:35:40 am »
Welcome Parsky,good choice.This ant for everyone but for the ones it for their is nothing like it. ;) :)  Hope you enjoy the site and looking forward to seeing some of your work. :) Hang around here and it won't take long. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:07 pm »
Ola' Parsky, sit back and enjoy. Feel free to ask questions. Somebody will have an answer for you.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Archeress

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 08:45:58 pm »
Welcome to the madhouse Parsky..I am recently new and this lot have been brilliant.  you comment on compound bows have never been truer.  Primitive archery for me is all aboout empowerment, peace, a knowing that i am connected to ancient times.  I AM AN ARCHER ...ditch the compound i say. find a lake and tie it down with a heavy rock.  jus' sayin'
Archeress is a long way from home