Author Topic: My First Trophy...lol  (Read 28841 times)

blackhawk

My First Trophy...lol
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:08:55 pm »
Disclaimer: im almost embarrassed and ashamed to show this..lol  :laugh:  Can Y'all believe this is the first time ive taken an animals life with one of my own weapons?  :-[   its been a loooooong time coming  ::)  8)

Went roaming the woods today...started to sprinkle but continued on at a very slow walk n stalk....had one squirelly present a shot but I missed...walked slowly another 20 yards and spotted another 20 yards away(different squirell tho)...drew back n let her fly...saw the arrow do something funny like I grazed a tree on the way and didn't see where it went and what had happened...or where the squirell went...I didn't move thinking I missed and was trying to see any movement of where he went....nothing...so I took a couple steps slowly towards the scene when I noticed some leaves moving n rustling,but I couldn't see anything...I thought that must be him,and that's odd hes not running away.....got over to the scene and sure enough I drilled him...he twitched a couple more seconds and it was over....yay.....finally...to say the least I was ecstatic....that was more exciting than killing a deer with a gun... ;D got him home,skinned,and cleaned....yup im eating tree rat in a few days  ;D ... good for one meal  ;D  ;D  :laugh: those sons of guns are hard to hit with a bow,cus they rarely ever stop moving  8) maybe this will get me out of my hunting drought/funk...the last 3 years haven't been good to me...

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: My First Trophy...lol
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:24:07 pm »
Nice kill, squirrel slayer ;)

I imagine it would be next to impossible to nail one of those twitchy buggers, nice job.

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »
And here all along, I thought you was a killer! Looks like yah thumped his ass good boy! Nice one.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:10:51 pm »
Way to go BH!  Its about time some of the squirrels got thumped.

Now if you can hit a squirrel, you can hit a deer. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:42:11 pm »
Goood shot.That stump shooting/squirrel hunting is a lot of fun.Skin em out and tack em on your barn wall.....LOL.I do it after these cottontails around here too.Them blunts go in like a broadhead and the bunny can run off with em a ways......LOL.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 11:08:32 pm »
Nice kill, squirrel slayer ;)

haha made my day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

way to go man them suckers are hard to hit and their pretty good eatin too especialy with some onions and bacon and a bunch of butter slobbered on top.  have a good one,   Duck
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 09:37:38 am »
Imagine that, a 50# boo backed osage bow! Who woulda' known that bow would be the one? ME!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 09:39:11 am »
Nice fat tree rat Chris, I'm surprised thats your first. Shooting with you several times at the elm hall weekend and you sure didn't miss the 10 or 12 ring often on those targets, of course they don't jump like those squirrels can. Come to think of it neither do deer so your more than good on the next deer that offers you a chance. Go get em'.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 09:43:21 am »
Good job Chris! Glad you're on the board. I forsee many more successes. Keep em coming!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

blackhawk

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 10:05:25 am »
Lol Cam....I knew someone was gonna say that  :laugh:

Adam I did thump him good,but not his arse....I nailed him right on the shoulder blade n turned his lungs to mush ;) 

Clint for some reason I can't hit a deer..I've shot at a couple doozy bucks in the past n I ended up missing... :-[

Its fun for sure Ed...I've been going out 3-4 times in the last week determined to drill one...

They sure are hard to hit duck...

You know it pearly....its hard to grab a different bow when its time to hit the woods for real ..its been my go to for 11 months now,n nothing has come along n replaced it yet ;)

BB I'm OK on the range,but in the woods its a whole different story  ::)

I hope so Greg ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 12:59:50 pm »
Way to go, Chris. I wish our rats were that big. I think all of those little boogers got built in radar, never so an animal that can duck out of the way so fast, at the last second.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

blackhawk

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 03:56:13 pm »
Thanks Eddie...your right about that ;)

Offline bow101

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 09:09:50 pm »
Gota be a first time for everything;   :) And its about Time..!!....those critters are hard to hit no doubt.  Ya made meat thats the main thing.   :)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Mike Joe

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »
That looks like a genuine Pope and Young Fox Squirrel right there! ;D Great shot.
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 10:21:07 pm »
Nice shot Bro!!! Mmmm....squirrel & dumplins.. Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....