Author Topic: Need help on a Take down  (Read 991 times)

Offline Shondy55

Need help on a Take down
« on: October 29, 2013, 01:07:42 am »
Hey Guys,
Ive been pretty busy lately with college and football but i have a special request for a bow build as a bunch of friends have seen my bow hackberry self bow on the wall.  my buddy really wants a take down laminate bow, i showed him the bear kodiak and he really likes the style.  i want to build him one as close to that as possible.
I need suggestions for the wood to be used on the limbs and riser.  The bow is going to be around 60" ttt and somewhere around #65@29ish.  any help is greatly appreciated and if someone could steer me in the direction of a build-a-long that would be great! thanks!!!

-Shondy   
Go O' seeker and may your quest be not in vain

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Need help on a Take down
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 12:11:30 pm »
Cant be done. Id suggest finding a used Kodiak if that's what he wants. 65# wont be an easy find though.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TacticalFate

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 12:33:57 pm »
Make it 66' to 68" and you should be okay, 60" with a long stiff handle will not get you a 29" draw. I've got a stiff handled ~50lb buckthorn bow I made that's 60'' NTN, and I'm definitely pushing it even at 26", and that's just a pyramid bow.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:42:20 pm by TacticalFate »

Offline dbb

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:54:00 am »
Is your friend shooting trad or wheeliebows usually?
If he is a wheelieguy he will be massively overbowed with a 65#tradbow even if he shoots a70#compoundbow with ease.
In that case go for 50-55#instead,makes it easier on both of you.
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...