Author Topic: the raiiiin!!  (Read 11903 times)

Offline 4dog

the raiiiin!!
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:45 am »
aint lettin no water stop me..im takin a snorkel!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline burchett.donald

Re: the raiiiin!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 09:11:05 am »
I'm keeping my feathers dry bud...Good luck to ya though!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 09:37:34 am »
Nope,don't bow hunt in the rain,at least not intentionally.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline 4dog

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 09:58:23 am »
well daylight has arrived..yes im soaked
.sittin in the truck to warm up..since im already wet..will definately go out again but man what a shower..everything your seeing on the weather in texas is true..but man its fun..lol..or im nutz

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 10:38:27 am »
Nope,don't bow hunt in the rain,at least not intentionally.  ;) :)
 Pappy

Amen brother pappy!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 11:45:12 am »
I got up early this morning and checked the radar.  I was back in bed before my eyes even had a chance to clear up.  Tomorrow should be better.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 04:21:04 pm »
I don't mind rifle hunting in the rain if its not too cold out. Find a nice tree and camp out for a couple hours in the shelter. But I don't like to bowhunt in the wet.

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »
I guess I'm crazy then, I'll hunt in a downpour, I'll hunt in a blizzard. Last year during my rifle deer hunt I had to hunker down under a tree for about 3 hours while snow blew through. Made tracking my tasty friend much easier! That and it offered me the rare chance to use my poncho liner as a sled to pull the bugger off the hill.

Good luck on your hunt!
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline larrydawg

• traditional archer
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 05:28:19 pm »
My daughter bought me a camo blind/umbrella for Christmas one year, ( I thought what the heck do I need that for!?) Its served me well! We have been getting rain here in the flat lands too and my Ghillie suit weighs a ton when it's soaked.
 Good huntin!
Larrydawg
45 year archer still can't hit a thing

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 07:34:58 am »
Guess im crazy but i love hunting in the rain.  No better stalking weather than wet and windy if u have thick bedding areas to pop in and check.  But ya better know where deer run to with a bad hit on ur property and have the time to let them run there and wait..... Just in case
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 07:48:16 am »
That's the problem,tracking them in the rain,I only bow hunt,if and when I gun hunted I hunted in the rain,no problem ,but even with a well placed arrow a deer in likely to cover a hundred yards,and maybe your deer have a place they run to die but mine might go anywhere and it is tough to find if it's raining,good luck to all you that hunt in it ,you must be a much better tracker than I am. :) Now snow is much different,don't get much here but I love to hunt in it,especially after it stops. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline 4dog

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 09:49:43 am »
well ,,i survived and it was actually fun. did i find deer no,but still; proving to myself that i could push through and keep going was worth the wet and cold..i aint no little kid.  still, would have been a little more worth it if i had some deer pics for yall.  all in all and most important at 47 ,i can still rough it out, priceless.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »
I'll gun hunt it but not bow hunt deer. But, I've done a lot of Hog hunting in the rain and always had good luck.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 07:29:10 am »
Its pouring right now, hence the keyboard jockey hat I have on instead of my stocking cap.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 10:11:49 am »
Personally I shy away from hunting in the rain because of tracking reasons.Now when it gets colder below freezing in the 20s' I'll go to hunting out of my blinds.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed