Author Topic: No prejudice.......  (Read 8482 times)

Offline Marks

Re: No prejudice.......
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »
I doubt any have been ruffled. I'd have to say in a place called primitive archer you don't have to argue bigger is better. Heck, Twistedlimbs is out there with a selfbow in his underwear. lol ::)

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 03:42:14 pm »
I doubt any have been ruffled. I'd have to say in a place called primitive archer you don't have to argue bigger is better. Heck, Twistedlimbs is out there with a selfbow in his underwear. lol ::)
Ha!! :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 04:27:57 pm »
Just fur grins...........I shot a buck and a doe with dads 22-250, both went 40 yards or less. The bullet never left either one, but boy was the inside a mess! Both were ribcage shots, that helps.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 04:48:42 pm »
Just fur grins...........I shot a buck and a doe with dads 22-250, both went 40 yards or less. The bullet never left either one, but boy was the inside a mess! Both were ribcage shots, that helps.
Kinda makes jelly of everything don't it! ;D

Offline Marks

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 05:29:59 pm »
If the bullet blows thru then all of the bullets energy isn't spent in the animal. If it stays inside then the bullet leaves every bit of energy inside the animal.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 05:45:28 pm »
True, but if the bullet doesn't exit, blood trails are not nearly as good.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 03:36:18 pm »
  I've been there a lot it sucks I just move forward.
 Each exsperance is totally different.
  Not alot of people even get to help track and see how and what a wounded mature buck dose when arrowed.
  Learn from the exsperance then it's not a total loss.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline bushboy

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:25 pm »
Interesting thread!my friend used to guide in northern manitoba for years and swears to have seen more game being lost with a rifle then a bow !his theory was if an animal is shot with a gun,between the loud bang and precussion felt ,gets the adrenilne spiking!on the other hand animals shot with a bow will twitch ,run a few yards and start to eat again,bleed out and fall over.on another note ,a compound guy I know shot a pronghorn at 20 yards with a mechincal broad head and Just bounced off cuz all the energy was obsorbed by those switch blades hitting bone.he now uses trad broadhead with just legal 7/8" cutting width with success.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 04:59:50 pm »
I have a good hunting buddy who is from the other end of the technological spectrum.  Been a Sniper for five tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, sniper instructor, etc... Native Kansas farmer... Verrrrrry serious and good hunter.  We both lose about the same number of deer: about one per decade.  Both usually take four to six per year.  Very odd seeing us hunt together, but it works.  We both expend a great deal of energy on our craft to avoid wounding loss, but it does happen once in a while.  I've lost two in twenty years; he's about the same. It does just happen sometimes. 

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 01:47:10 am »
It is just part of hunting, and I hate it.  I have been plagued with it this year.  I have only failed to recover a couple of animals in forty years of hunting, but have lost two does and a nice eating size hog so far this season.  Hunting around water, swampy thickets, poor blood trails, warm weather, coyotes, gators, etc., all sorts of excuses, but it doesn't help how terrible it makes me feel.  The longest shot was maybe seven yards!  I have been using the same old Zwickeys that I have been using for years.  Each shot seemed like a good hit.  I did better with stone points last year!!  It can really shake your confidence.  I haven't hunted in almost two weeks.  I need to suck it up and get back in the game.  :(
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »
  Learn from the exsperance and move on.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING