Author Topic: Texas boys i need an answer!!  (Read 12905 times)

Offline 4dog

Re: Texas boys i need an answer!!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »
texas is about 28.00 $ more..but yotes and pigs are free 365 days a yr.   >:D
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 06:41:06 pm »
     Montana just had a brain cell light up and recently passed a road kill bill.  You can legally possess a road killed deer, if you call it in, or email it in, and they will issue you a permit, or if a law enforcement officer, is available at the scene they can issue you a permit on the spot.  However, you must remove "all" of the carcass, including guts and so forth.  You cannot use it for animal food, (which is ridiculous)  I guess only part of the brain cell lit up, nor can you share it.  It is for your personal use only!  Right.

Wayne
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:10:48 pm by stickbender »

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 07:53:11 pm »
what's really bad is i saw a really nice 5x5 muley buck on the side of the road 3 days before they passed that bill, the day they passed it i went to go try and get it and it was gone somebody beat me to it >:(, needless to say i was a bit put out >:(  oh well :)   i went and shot a bigger one a couple days later ;) ;D
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 02:40:08 pm »
what's really bad is i saw a really nice 5x5 muley buck on the side of the road 3 days before they passed that bill, the day they passed it i went to go try and get it and it was gone somebody beat me to it >:(, needless to say i was a bit put out >:(  oh well :)   i went and shot a bigger one a couple days later ;) ;D
You have similar luck as I have, always a day late, and a dollar short.  Where in Montana is Ekalaka located?  Eastern part?

Wayne

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 03:34:35 pm »
Be ready to have that card in your hand if you go to some other states to hunt, even if your old enough in your state. I do not need one here in
WA, however I had one from yrs ago. I went to WY in 02 and still needed it on my person there even tho I had had a license here in WA for yrs. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 05:32:10 pm »
Yep, Texas is paperwork central.  The only reason that not everybody has to take the hunter safety course is because the "grandfather" effect is quite powerful here.  There would be no way to pass a hunter safety course requirement without the legislators being exempt from the law, at the time of its passage.

You can shoot a mountain lion on sight, though.  No reason needed.  ::)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline 4dog

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 07:35:39 pm »
ya gotta love Texas!! 
"SET" is always there !!!