Author Topic: String and arrows for kids bows?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline DuBois

String and arrows for kids bows?
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:04:31 pm »
#Starting to tiller these. 34" BL for my 3 year boy and 44" osage for my 5 year girl. If they survive my tiller I am thinking about 10# and 15-20#. How many strands of B-50 would you use? Would you do a serving on them?  I have not yet made any arrows at all (I keep getting distracted by staves  ::) ::)) Where can  get some arrows or how would you go about making them? I am hoping to find some little suction cup arrows to drive the wife nuts this winter  >:D >:D
Any help appreciated.
Marco D.

Little guy wanted to paint his own and I kinda think I may have him do my next one too.

Offline Josh B

Re: String and arrows for kids bows?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:18:28 pm »
For those size bows I just get some straight grained1/4" dowels at the lumberyard.  They're36" long so I cut em in half and get two arrows from each dowel.  I get the glue on nocks and points from 3rivers.  You don't even have to taper the shaft for the points.  They slip over the shaft.  I use 2" shield cut Rayz'r feathers, I found the last ones at cabela's in owatonna.  For the string I use 8 strands of B50 with .18 serving.  It fits those little nocks just about right.  Josh

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »
BTW...cabela's also had the suction cup arrows.  I believe a 3 pack was four or five dollars.  Josh

Offline DuBois

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:31:45 pm »
BTW...cabela's also had the suction cup arrows.  I believe a 3 pack was four or five dollars.  Josh
Right on Josh, now I got a plan. Cats, wife and dog beware >:D