Author Topic: BIG WOLF  (Read 2505 times)

Offline bushboy

BIG WOLF
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:53:35 pm »
kinda got a kick outta another reason to hate cats thread,so here's another!this wolf was trapped just outside winnipeg at birds hill park(google winnipeg free press ,big wolf and decide for yourself if it's the real deal).i put it on facebook a while back and one gentleman suggested the photo was probably taken with a wide angle lens ,not sure either way?maybe photo shopped? the conservation guy estimated it weight 70kg x2.2=154lb!will put up a pic right away,can't remember if i posted this before,either way it's a cool shot!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: BIG WOLF
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:01:54 pm »

What???  That's crazy!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline bushboy

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:35 pm »
thanks for putting that up tim,was having tech difficulties.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 03:31:41 pm »
no way he would be able to pick that big boy up. must weigh close to 250# german shepards get up to 100+ # and that wolf is at lease twice as big.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:57:49 pm by BOWMAN53 »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 03:36:34 pm »
He was killed in Minnesota a month ago! At least that's what it said last time I seen it. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 06:03:25 pm »
I don't buy that's 150lbs. My shepherd is almost 90 lbs and but a 1/3 of that thing. What ever it weights that's one bad boy!!

Offline Poggins

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 07:18:56 pm »
Depends on how big ( small , short ) a fella he is , I'm five foot a hundred and fifty pounds and a everything looks bigger when I hold something up ( my fishing budys always have me hold the big cats up so they look even bigger ).
A friend of mine had a wolf/sheperd cross that when it stood on its hind legs his head was close to seven feet or more high, a good winter coat and me next to it would look about the same.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 08:01:37 pm »
that guy was probably a midget lol

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 08:14:49 pm »
that guy was probably a midget lol

Or a youngster  ;D

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 09:15:31 pm »
 Likely a big fish photo where perspective plays into it a lot. Still a big dog. That winter coat always makes them look much bigger as well. Not that unbelievable to get a wolf that big . Tracked one with a paw about 5" across that made tracks like a race horse when it got to the road. Skinned a pup one time that was at least as long as that one in the picture and judging by the lack of wear on the teeth, he was still a pup. He was likely 120 or so (guess)

Offline bushboy

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 09:42:25 pm »
Years ago I was in la ronge,northern saskatchewan,splitting wood for a freind and had that"somethings looking at me". Feeling,looked up eye to eye with a platimin timber wolf.he was far the largest dog I have ever seen at bout 10'away.his icy blue eyes are something I will not soon forget!I jestured with axe in hand and he turned and walked away.very cool experience indeed

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 10:09:07 pm »
 Lucky! Not too often you can get that close. I never have .

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 10:17:18 pm »
The Inuit have a legend that one of the minor gods was left in charge while the others went out to party. He decided to turn all the animals into humans for a joke.  When the others got back they were p.o.'d and killed him.  They then started turning all the animal/humans back into animals, but they missed the wolf's eyes...they are still human.

They are something that sure grabs our attention, aren't they?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 10:27:05 pm »
Yes indeed jw!when I told the locals of my encounter they joked well what did he say to you and that my spirit animal had come to visit because wolves never approached human nomally!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 10:31:42 pm »
Nah, wolves are highly intelligent and curious animals with an amazing sense of humor.  He was just checking to see how close he could get to the nearly deaf/dumb/blind white guy before he crapped his drawers!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.