Author Topic: BIG WOLF  (Read 2504 times)

Offline bushboy

Re: BIG WOLF
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 10:42:42 pm »
Good one jw!strangely I wasn't startled at all for some reason?fyi ,I'm not all white!lol!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 04:01:19 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny ! Cool experience there BushBoy. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 05:01:48 am »
Am not sure about the picture shown here, but I can tell you from personal experience that they can weigh well in excess of 150 pounds.  The Fish and Wildlife killed seven of them on the next door ranch and all of them were that big.  They have no problem taking down a big horned elk or moose.  Over the past several years while the Game and Fish and the Fish and Wildlife Service were haggling over wolf protections I have had many opportunities to shoot a wolf.  Now that it is completely legal, shooting one is on my Bucket List.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:19:29 am »
Wolves are awesome.I did a road trip to Minnesota this Sept. up along Lake Superior and spent most nights camped back in on the superior hiking trail(it was free and away from people!)Anyhow-I heard wolves howling on 2 different nights while packed in.One night they were close and when I got up in the morning there were tracks on the trail 75 yards below where I camped.Talk about COOL-oh yea!Next adventure-we head to Sitka,Alaska  this Jan. for 2 weeks trapping marten.Can,t wait-have a fantastic day!!!Lloyd

Offline Barrage

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 03:01:37 pm »
This picture has been making the rounds for a few years...
Travis

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 05:18:09 pm »
I've seen a lot of gray wolves here and they do get big but that is just not possible.

I was riding my bike years ago down a bush road and as I crossed a set of railroad tracks I noticed a gray trotting down the middle of it coming my way.  He was quite a ways off and didn't even look up when I crossed the tracks.  I stopped my bike and walked back to the tracks crouching behind some shrubs.  He was about 10 yards away when I whistled standing up at the same time.  He stopped dead in his tracks, looked at me for a minute then just turned around and casually went back the way he came.  I followed him down the tracks for awhile till he got tired of me.  He glanced back, angled off the tracks and disappeared into the bush
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bushboy

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 06:54:16 pm »
I'm in the skeptic camp also,but because it was featured in winnipeg most creditbal newspaper it makes me wonder?a very small park with a very large deer population might yeild a jumbo wolf?
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.