Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650952 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #20025 on: April 22, 2024, 01:44:53 pm »
Well still in the hospital,  hopefully out today.  Pappy is there geriatric camping area? Lol
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #20026 on: April 22, 2024, 02:49:19 pm »
Two more years until I can retire...maybe then.  Sure sounds like a great time.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20027 on: April 23, 2024, 09:36:28 am »
It is WB, like a big family reunion. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #20028 on: April 23, 2024, 11:41:31 am »
Congrats on the gobbler, Pappy. The place is looking great! Never saw a turkey leg bow rack, that's gonna be pretty dang cool. If I can kill one before I leave next week I might have to borrow that idea. Only seeing hens and one jake so far that I missed when my bottom limb smacked the blind trying to shoot with my back against the inside front wall. My little dude was with me so I had to try  :)  (SH)

Can't wait to head that way a week from tomorrow!

Offline BrianS

« Reply #20029 on: April 24, 2024, 12:40:42 pm »
Pappy,
 I have been involved in running archery events at our local club for a very long time and know the amount of work that goes into it. My hats off to you guys for everything you do. It looks like a great event and from what I've been told by friends it is! I hope all involved have a great time. Thank you for taking the time to share your pictures every week. I enjoy seeing all the happenings at your place. I'm not much of a traveler and probably will never see it in person but I do enjoy seeing your pictures. God Bless, Brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20030 on: April 24, 2024, 06:08:28 pm »
Thanks Brian, Davy and Barb are here now, love them 2 , very good friends. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20031 on: April 25, 2024, 09:08:56 am »
Drive safe everyone, see yall soon. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20032 on: April 25, 2024, 05:19:14 pm »
See ya Thursday
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #20033 on: April 25, 2024, 06:52:17 pm »
Sorry to hear about Sally Pappy. 

I won't be able to make the Classic this year.  We've had some family health issues that have used up most of our time off and resources.  We are talking about taking a week long trip through Tennessee next spring and time it where we could stop by the Classic for a couple days.  My wife loved it when we made it 2 years ago.  I haven't done any bow making for a long time.  A new job position and a new family keep me pretty busy.  In about 2 months we will be grandparents for the first time.  We are pretty excited about that.  I sure miss seeing and talking to my primitive archery family.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20034 on: April 25, 2024, 08:00:59 pm »
Sorry to hear about Sally Pappy. 

I won't be able to make the Classic this year.  We've had some family health issues that have used up most of our time off and resources.  We are talking about taking a week long trip through Tennessee next spring and time it where we could stop by the Classic for a couple days.  My wife loved it when we made it 2 years ago.  I haven't done any bow making for a long time.  A new job position and a new family keep me pretty busy.  In about 2 months we will be grandparents for the first time.  We are pretty excited about that.  I sure miss seeing and talking to my primitive archery family.

Won't be the same without you, but I am happy knowing your life is full of good things. At my age, you seem to be far, far too young to be auditioning for the part of Grandpa. But I think you'll fill the role perfectly. Maybe time to find that just right 'sage sapling and get it curing for the kid's first bow?

See ya Thursday

Thanks for the warning!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.