Author Topic: Where Ya From?  (Read 489966 times)

Offline kayakfisher

Re: where ya from
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2008, 08:18:08 pm »
If you all ever are interested, send me in a email a shipping address and I will swap you some of my patterns ,Bows and Fly rods are both in common they both load to cast[ stick and string]
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2008, 09:38:26 pm »
  We don't have Trout here. But do have 15# largemouth's ;D. I like those little froggie fly's. I make some Panfish fly's out of Flip-Flops and sqruirrel tails.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2008, 09:54:20 pm »
Hey Mullett that's cool ! :) I do alot of bluegill,goggleye,smallmouth,river fishing.Get my email from my profile send me a shipping addres I will send you several different styles.I will include a address label with them  when you get them ship me back some of yours it will cost us $1.30 to ship USPS. I ship flys to Korea for $2.OO ARE we allowed to do this on this site  ;D
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2008, 08:49:58 am »
Trading's fine, selling is taboo unless you're in the classified section. I wouldn't mind trading some trout flies for some smallmouth flies sometime when I have time to do some tying.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2008, 06:38:26 pm »
Hillbilly thats cool ! anytime just holler when I tie its by the dozen always have flies around{that sounds kinda bad doesn't it] :-[

Offline sailordad

« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2008, 09:31:49 pm »
    well I've noticed that only two others on here represented the fine state of MINNESOTA, so i just had to put my frozen two cents worth into the pot also.
I'm from St.Cloud,Mn.thats about 60 miles north of the twin cities. I.m fairly new to this bowmaking thing. Got a stave from a due i met last year at the local  REN.FEST.
I would like to hear from any others in my state, maybe make a trade or two and maybe make a friend or two also. so any other Minnesotans out there send me an I/M and lets see what we can work out.   

PEACE

Tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2008, 12:52:54 am »
Been there before SD, on my way to Camp Ripley.  Fun to visit but too cold for my blood. 

I'm from Central Oklahoma between OKC and T-Town. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline sailordad

« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2008, 10:19:53 pm »
otoe bow, I sure hope you didn't stop off at "THE CAMP BAR" when yon were at Ripley.  >:D :o ;D :D ;)  LOL
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline david w.

« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2008, 10:41:06 pm »
I like to fly tie. Currently I owe Mullet some flies( no i havent forgotten ;D) you should have them soon. Are ther any particular patterns you like?

I fish in missouri's trout parks but i want to hit the river the only thing is my mom wont have anything to do on the river. She could sit at the river access and read but that would be boring for her.

[attachment deleted by admin]
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2008, 12:27:04 am »
Hey thats a nice look'n rainbow, catch it up at Meramac  8)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2008, 12:32:48 am »
  kayakfisher, trading sounds like fun. Let me get some together. I guess I should have kept all those tails from those sqruirrels I've been shooting. David,I like them all. The ones I can't use here I put in a picture frame. I think they all are like Art.  Hey, Maybe we ought to move this to  Everything Else before a Moderater see's it?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2008, 12:35:34 am »
I tie flys regularly. great hobby. anyone ever fished northern new mexico? i went on vacation there 2 years ago. I fished a lil place called costilla. best trout fishin i've ever done. caught over 40 in a day(catch and release). the people were kind and hospitable. They even invited us to dinner. i've wanted to experiment with fly fishing in a more primitive fashion. what type of cordage would be best for this application?
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #252 on: January 19, 2008, 12:38:37 am »
  A whole bunch.  ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2008, 12:41:28 am »
.............................. Been tyin' flies fer most of my life great relaxin' pastime...............bob

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #254 on: January 19, 2008, 01:12:12 am »
Hey  Mullett I understand, just keep me straight! going  to post my reply to this in anything else :o