Author Topic: BIG 6 1/2 YEAR OLD FOKIE  (Read 2626 times)

Offline crooketarrow

BIG 6 1/2 YEAR OLD FOKIE
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:29:25 am »
  I' d like to relay this, for the simple reason you don't get to see a 6 1/2 year old buck 3 tImes in a day.
    A FIRST FOR ME.

I was bow hunting THANKSGIVEING morning like most thakgiveing mornings. Had snort wee'd. I saw a big forkie I first saw 3 years ago. I saw him with 8 other bucks in AUG. this year. He was 300 pounds then. When I saw him he was looking my way for the buck that snort-wee'd.He was 50 yards in a CPR field.

He came on down to the thicket edge where I was. At 20 yards he destoryed a bush and took his time doing it. MY NERVES CAN'T TAKE THAT. He never made a sound (call). I just could see him. I WANTED TO MAKE A SOLF CALL BUT NEVER NEVER CALL TO A BUCK YOU CAN SEE. IF YOU CAN SEE HIM HE CAN SEE YOU.

ONCE YOU CALL THEN YOU BECOME THE HUNTED.

He followed a doe I never saw. Up to a 15 acer thicket. There was a big,big pasture,clover field behind the thicket. At 6 1/2 IT WAS 8:30 I KNEW HE WAS'NT GOING ACROSS THAT OPEN FEILD THAT LATE.

I walked home ,I don't shoot bucks or fawns with a rifle anymore. I called the farmers son the farmer saw 2 BIG BIG SHOOTERS in OCT. SO I PICKED UP A EXTURE HUNTER.
  I guess THANKSGIVEING dinner was more important HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK.
 I can count on my hands the times I stayed home to eat thanksgiving dinner. And they were becaused I'd taged out already.

I had to beg BRIER to go, heck we were hunting from the truck. I'd just got out took pic's. of the sky and had'nt been 10 mins' perty dark my then. We were talking DAD THERE HE IS.
  Walking 70 yards right past us in the open. But alot of wrist size BL TREES THAT STARTED .

I can see him really good with my NIKONS. I'M WATCHING WAITING ON THE SHOT. He said dad I can't see him. I got out went around to guide him. He'd went across our last opening.
  I snort -wee'd 3 doe's were 50 yards behind us they ran I snort-wee's at them again.
  A few min's. later I found him 70 yards looking our way. It was to dark for BRIER to see him in the scope. I watched him the last few min's looking at us.

Wish BRIER got him he's been a good first buck. He's never shot a buck with a rifle. But he's had some exsperince on doe's with a rifle for the last 3 years.

BIG 6,7 INCH DEEP FORKS. He was 300#s in AUG. HE'S 250ISH NOW. EAR TIP,HEAVEY 17,18 INCHS STRAIGHT UP.

HE'S ONLY A FORKIE BUT I LOVE TO SEND SOME DOGWOOD HIS WAY.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING