Author Topic: I LOVE LATE PRE-RUT  (Read 2272 times)

Offline crooketarrow

I LOVE LATE PRE-RUT
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:26:19 pm »
  NOV. my favoret time to buck hunt. I've hunted 28 days every day of NOV. I arrowed a 4 1/2,8 point mid 120's, on OCT. 31. 1 LUNGED HIM. Never found him. In the 30 days hunting I called every day. I've called up or seen 30 bucks 6 shooters. Some were called up pre-rut but the bucks came out of the wood works LATE PRE-RUT (SECOND WEEK OF NOV.). My all time favoret time.
  3 Days this week that I saw 6,5, and 5 bucks SATURDAY EVENING (yesterday).

Our rifle season comes in MONDAY. FRI. I SAW A GUY IN ORANGE COAT. I did'nt get a chance to run him off he hid.
  SAT. EVENING ran 2 guys off useing a rabbit call (yote hunting). I walked straight to them. They had 2 climbers. Said the guy up at the farm said they could rifle hunt.
 They did'nt have much to say when I told them I was the guy that lived up at the farm.
  I walked them the 1/4 mile to their car. Took phone pic's. of car and lic. plate.
  Worked out ok after that. I had to go to a old site. Ended up seeing 5 bucks 2 shooters a really nice high 130 9 point. 40 yards locked down to a doe.

I don't rifle hunt other than a little doe management. I'll be there tommorow morning with my bow. Ruts really happening here this weeks anything like last. I can't wait.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline steve b.

Re: I LOVE LATE PRE-RUT
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:54:05 pm »
I just got back scouting my new deer spot.  I'm going to rattle in a buck.  Season starts Saturday!

Offline crooketarrow

Re: I LOVE LATE PRE-RUT
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 09:41:41 am »
 I saw 31 bucks couple in OCT. most the first 3 weeks of NOV. Passed on shots at 8 ,1 and 2 year olds. Saw 7 shooter while bow hunting . Our rifle season came in last MONDAY. I DON'T SHOOT BUCKS OR FAWNS WITH A RIFLE.
  FIRST 3 DAYS.RAIN,SNOW WINDY. Turned me into a doe hunter from the truck. I also so doe hunted late last evening. Saw 3 small bucks Those 3 made 10 bucks this week. 1 ,6 1/2 OLD  FORKIE 3 TIMES THANKSGIVEING. Made 8 shooters.
  That made 10 bucks this week.

41 Bucks while hunting.
 I just might beat my record of 55 bucks in 05. I still have a month to go.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING