Author Topic: Hello From Balmy Minnesota  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Mohawk13

Hello From Balmy Minnesota
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:08:52 pm »
Just wanted to say hello from Minnesota. Living in the  New York Mills area. Watching the snow fall here and wishing it was better weather for hunting. Working on My first self bow of Hickory. Have been a bowhunter for better than 30 years, but am finding enjoyment in making my own gear these days. Have always used longbows/recurves. Never fell victim to the wheel bows. Have been a reader of PA since it hit the newsstands. Not much a joiner when it comes to the electronic media. Was very nice to see some of the members getting together to share some knowledge and fellow ship in bow building in the winter issue. This alone spurred my interest in becoming sa member of the forum. Look forward to enhancing my skill set through reading other members experiences....Chhers, Rev. Pete (Mohawk 13)....and Yes, I am half Mohawk...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hello From Balmy Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:58:09 pm »
Welcome Pete. We have a few members from Minnesota. Maybe one or more live near you. In the mean time pull up stump and join us.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:27:51 pm »
Hey SkyPilot! Welcome to the PA Forum.  I'm out west of you in the Black Hills of South Dakota...how you liking our used weather we are sending you!   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »
Enjoy the snow(1 foot and counting)..Just don't like to be cooped up in the house, Although I did decide to build a few arrows more....
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:26:34 pm »
Welcome... just cold and wind in south part of mn ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 10:21:53 am »
The cold has really set back in now!

Welcome, from Eden Prairie.
45# at 27"