Author Topic: From the mouth's of babes...  (Read 4865 times)

Offline paoliguy

Re: From the mouth's of babes...
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 01:29:36 pm »
I have a 14 year old that is getting the muzzleloader fever. We looked at the inlines and he wanted no part of them - he wants a Kentucky long rifle! I was pretty proud of the boy to say the least. Think I know what's coming his way on his birthday ....

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 03:03:41 pm »
I telling you guys, don't ever run your hands over a beautiful, properly made, slender flintlock long rifle, you will be ruined for life.  Take a few shots with a rifle with a finely tuned lock, one that goes off the instant you pull the trigger and things will get even worse for you. Go look at the cloverleaf you shot at 50 yds and you are a goner, I know, it happened to me. One shot from a fine flintlock and all my TC stuff went on the free classified and was gone.

Now, if you make bows, it is even worse, soon you will be looking through catalogs for components to build your own fine rifle, things just go downhill from there, trust me I know...........
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:07:01 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:11 pm »
I telling you guys, don't ever run your hands over a beautiful, properly made, slender flintlock long rifle, you will be ruined for life.  Take a few shots with a rifle with a finely tuned lock, one that goes off the instant you pull the trigger and things will get even worse for you. Go look at the cloverleaf you shot at 50 yds and you are a goner, I know, it happened to me. One shot from a fine flintlock and all my TC stuff went on the free classified and was gone.

Now, if you make bows, it is even worse, soon you will be looking through catalogs for components to build your own fine rifle, things just go downhill from there, trust me I know...........
I know what you  mean Eric !
Been there done that !
Only thing better is grand kids !
but for me a stick with a string is just as good
Guy!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 08:33:58 pm »

I know what you  mean Eric !
Been there done that !
Only thing better is grand kids !
but for me a stick with a string is just as good
Guy!

You guy took the words right out of my mouth,  I love my flinter and make'n bows. 
Great story JW really makes a guy think ....don't it.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 09:04:23 pm »
The guy that taught me to make bows got hooked on making flintlock rifles and cusses my name to this day!!!

When I was 13 years old a much older cousin leaped wholeheartedly into the rendezvous scene, teepees, buckskins, and beads and shells stuff.  Yeah, it festered in me until it erupted into a full blown mania.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Postman

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »
Good luck on that buck, JW. I recently looked  at nice Pennsy flinter my boss had up for sale.  Like myself, he moved here to VA from PA, one of the last bastions of the flintlock season. Too pricey for me, but worth every penny.

Someday...
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 10:46:42 pm »
Good luck, John. I envy you, here the MNGT Area closes for Muzzle loading season and opens back up for General gun. You have to have access to private property to hunt black powder.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?