Author Topic: stone, boo & locust deer  (Read 22854 times)

Offline okie64

Re: stone, boo & locust deer
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 01:38:18 am »
Congrats on the deer Greg! That is a great feeling!

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 12:21:58 pm »
Good job man!!  I haven't harvested one with stone yet, but that has to be an awesome feeling.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 08:56:06 pm »
Thanks guys, yeah it was definitely a different feeling getting one with the stone point. Felt pretty good about it until my wife saw the picture of the deer and said, "you shot a baby deer". ;D   I had to tell her, "no a 75#er is a big one"
I don't think I fooled her though.  ;)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Postman

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 09:37:46 pm »
Thanks guys, yeah it was definitely a different feeling getting one with the stone point. Felt pretty good about it until my wife saw the picture of the deer and said, "you shot a baby deer". ;D   I had to tell her, "no a 75#er is a big one"

Been there! Got a button a few years ago in muzz season and got some flak. We saw another button on our road in early October. I said"yummy" >:D she said "you leave him alone!" lol... sure  enough I had a chance on him with my bow a few days later, but he came in straight on and busted me.

Great looking gear, and congrats on the stone kill! 
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 11:03:48 am »
SWEET!! Way to go Greg!! Congratz! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PeteC

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 05:21:19 pm »
Congratulations. Sounds like a great hunt done with great equipment. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline chamookman

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 06:52:54 am »
Way cool Greg ! Don't know how I missed this thread - some good eating there. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 07:01:41 am »

Looks huge compared to mine the other day!  Yep, the coyote weighed as much as the deer......  I skinned it out and cut up before anyone saw it at the camp.  My wife would have given me grief if she had seen it, but she didn't complain about it once it hit the skillet!
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Will H

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 10:48:51 pm »
Very cool Greg! Way to get it done man! Congrats!!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 08:08:32 pm »
Howard, show her the picture and then brag about the biggest coyote ever taken. World record sized yote I tell ya!
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 02:06:11 am »
Ha!  Yeah, I doubt I could convince her that the coyote weighed 80lbs!  Sadly, he was a pretty average full grown dog for this area and I could drag them both at the same time, so you can imagine what a small deer that is.  No apologies here - it's all about meat to me.  With the range that we are limited to and the limitations of our gear, when I get a shot that I know I can make on a legal deer, I am taking it.  Congratulations on your hunt.  Any deer is a trophy when you take it with stone points and a selfbow.  If I had taken these with primitive gear I would have posted it with pride, but I am ashamed to say that I was using a taboo FG recurve, aluminum and steel :-[,  It just isn't quite the same sport.     
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi