Author Topic: Setups  (Read 3456 times)

gene roberts

Setups
« on: December 15, 2007, 10:48:01 pm »
Does anyone have a setup that they could show a picture or tell about so that i could make one.I've been using hay,but it's starting to cost alot know.Please share ideas.Thanks

whatareyadoin

Re: Setups
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:11:17 am »
sure thing, Take card board and roll it like a dart board wold look or cut layers of cardboard about 24" By 8" And glue the edges of each piece of cardboard until ya have about 2 foot by 2  Target Hope this helps or did I misunderstand the ?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 07:34:43 am »
I use a corn feed bag stuffed with, rags, paper, plastic etc.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 08:52:11 am »
I use a square box about 2' square by 6" thick and stuff all the advertising flyers I get in the mail in them.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:59:47 am »
Old cotton pillows work great.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Minuteman

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 10:46:32 am »
Get a feed sack burlap or synthetic, stuff it full of plastic grocery bags. Stops a target point very well and its easy to remove also. Won't work with BH's.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:36:24 am »
I prefer burlap feed bags over poly bags because they are not effected by UV rays but plastic grocery bags stuffed into a feed bag makes an excellent target. Most feed bags, if laid on side, is about the size of a deer. I hang them around the woods for a simple 3D range.      Pat

ps, For broadheads, I use a recycle rubberized foam block I bought at a 3D shoot.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 11:40:13 am »
  I use a big block of styrofoam.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jesse

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 01:11:13 pm »
I also use a big block of foam. Its 4 feet thick 4 feet wide and 5 feet long. Should last many years. I got it from a building project at work. They use it to build on top of.
Before that I used old couch cushions stuffed inside a box and wrapped with duct tape. Works good as long as you put it away every time but that didnt happen :)

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 01:57:24 pm »
in my area of saskatchewan theres a lot of oil wells which means alot of tanks, they coat these tanks with a spray on foam,when they replace a tank or replace the foam they roll the old stuff into giant balls that barely fit in the back of a halfton. works great for bh's and its free if you pick it up on site. can be trimmed to any shape rectangle or deer.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 02:39:34 pm »
Hung an old peace of carpet (thicker is better), than hung a number of tennis balls with a string thru then in front of the carpet, use blunts, rubber or Tarantulas are better,Your target will last forever, and the good thing is that when you hit a ball you can practice on a moving target now ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 11:19:42 pm »
    Good idea,Manny :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

whatareyadoin

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 03:02:22 am »
you may not want to try my way because it took at least 2 hours to put it together.
The rolled Card board is behind the layered because my arrows kept going through the wood in the back, Dont' want holes in the wall.

[attachment deleted by admin]