Author Topic: Primitive Archers or Crafters in Northwest Florida?  (Read 7519 times)

Offline Ringeck85

Primitive Archers or Crafters in Northwest Florida?
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »
Hi,
I'm Jonathan and I moved to Pensacola, FL, and wanted to know if any of you members on here live around there. I like to make bows and arrows as well as shoot them (i'm interested in just about any old archery style) , and have a hunger for learning to be better at this Craft.

Anyone on here live around there or is there a group somewhere near Escambia or Santa Rosa counties? Wanted to give a shoutout to see who's around
"It is how we choose what we do, and how we approach it, that determines whether the sum of our days adds up to a formless blur, or to something resembling a work of art."
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

(Ren', in Wytheville, VA)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Primitive Archers or Crafters in Northwest Florida?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:33:35 am »
I don't live near you but used to spend my summer vacations at my Grandparents place on Pensacola Bay(Inneratity Point{sp}).
  Welcome to PA. We have lots of Fla folks but I think most are in the on the East or West coast. Might be some Alabama folks near you too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:48:05 pm »
Sorry man I'm in east central peninsula.  Got a brother in Tallahassee but that's about as far west as I ever go.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Barefoot_Jake

• "I don't regard nature as a spectator sport."
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:03:33 am »
Im in Florida also but Tampa Bay area  :( dont think Id ever make it up over there often.
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3:11 KJV

Need any help with anything? I will gladly try to help you

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 02:44:44 pm »
I'm from Tampa, would love to visit there some time this summer, it's been a while since I've been.

Jake, Let me know by pm if you want me to keep an eye out for anything trade-wise for making stuff.  I don't have a lot worthy to trade yet (I have some shoots/splits for arrows and a few bow staves I'm working on but nothing amazing; I lack a lot of tools that would make it easier) but I'm always on the lookout for primitive crafting stuff.

And Pat B, glad to hear you have some history with Pensacola; isn't it one of the most beautiful places? I love living here.
"It is how we choose what we do, and how we approach it, that determines whether the sum of our days adds up to a formless blur, or to something resembling a work of art."
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

(Ren', in Wytheville, VA)

Offline alfaguy

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 09:22:08 am »
We shoot some primitive archery, along with muzzleloaders, at the Jefferson Longrifles Club, west of Tallahassee.  Our website is out of date but facebook is current.  The Horse Creek club is north of us in Georgia, and they are traditional shooters, with several who shoot primitive. 

Offline alfaguy

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 09:27:46 am »
You can meet some of us this weekend at the Tallahassee Highland Games and Scottish Festival, at the Apalachee County Park.  We are doing the live fire archery program with primitive bows.  Last year we educated over 250 participants about archery.