Author Topic: fingers  (Read 4471 times)

Offline huntertrapper

fingers
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:22:25 pm »
what would be considered more primtive, a glove or tab?
Modern Day Tramp

Offline david w.

Re: fingers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:02:28 pm »
Unless i will be shooting for very very long lenghts of time I shoot bare fingers.  I heard tabs let for more consistent releases but i dont have have one so when i dont shoot bare finges i use a glove
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 11:50:54 pm »
true for lengths of time ill need a leather covering unless i just step outside to fling a few i will not worry about it
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 12:29:50 am »
I would think that a tab was the first finger protection used. A small piece of raw hide probably...or maybe a piece of bark.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 06:06:10 am »
I think it depends on the region and type of bow, A NA with a short draw pinch style of grip
wouldn't need any finger protection other than the calluses he earned by everyday living.
Now an archer shoouting a warbow different story completely. We've all seen african or south american
tribal hunters shooting thier bows on Discovery, I don't remember seeing any finger protection.
So my guess is calluses preceded both.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

gene roberts

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 08:24:26 pm »
I use a glove,cause I can't shoot as good(in my mind)as I could with a glove when I use tabs.