Author Topic: Congratulations to Blackhawk for winning October Backed BOM!!!  (Read 4845 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to Blackhawk for winning October Backed BOM!!!
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »
Congratulations to Blackhawk for winning October Backed BOM!!!

The "Longhorn"....(tri-lam bow)
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,42101.0.html

Here is what Chris had to say of his build: 
Heres a hickory backed osage with walnut core limbs...8 different lams alone come into the reverse handle..theres curly maples,walnuts,hickory,padauk,and the osage...the curve underlays are walnut and curly maple as well with horn tip overlays and string bridges...python skins cover the back...theres almost more glue than wood in this bow   62" ntn...47@27"...18 ounces mass weight...3 1/2" reflex at rest after over 300 shots...started with a hair over 5"....smooooothest pulling bow ive ever made yet...fast...and accurate as well...the curves are inspired by ryano's big curve bows,and the reverse style handle is inspired by his brother pato's reverse handle bows..and the rest is all my flair 

sorry bout the pics guys...it doesn't do the bow justice by a long shot...I tried 

Here are what some forum members had to say:
Incredible Chris, truly a work of art. Love that pic of the bow on you head. Good name choice.  Jon
Im not into reverse handles but i would make an exception for this one...she's a beauty and the full draw says it all. Great craftsmanship!!.... Brian

Love the money shot. Looks like something straight out of Lord of the Rings. Something to be proud of for sure. Great job.  Dan K
I think I saw this somewhere !!  A good job Chris !!  The pics don't do it any favors for sure !
and the Atlatl weights on the limbs look cool ! you are gona have a hard time doing a better one than this , but hope you can prove me wrong soon !
Guy

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:20:10 am by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Weylin

Re: Congratulations to Blackhawk for winning October Backed BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »
Congrats, man. You got my vote. That is a top notch bow.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 08:37:58 am »
Beautiful bow for sure.Very nice job ,congrats on the win,well deserved.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 02:04:38 pm »
THAT is one of the coolest bows ever posted here! CONGRATS!!!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?