Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 314546 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #990 on: June 26, 2017, 04:17:45 am »
Glad to see the place In use, ;) there will be lots of good memories made there I feel sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #991 on: June 26, 2017, 05:17:34 pm »
I had a great time this weekend.  John and Annette are very gracious hosts and we could hardly have had a better weekend to enjoy the place they have built there.  They have taken so much care to make it a comfortable and inviting spot to visit.  I had a primo camping spot nearby to the central pavilion.  It is not nearly so far from my home as I had imagined previously, but at least on this visit I was able to incorporate the travel into a work trip I had to take anyway.  Extra bonus points!

Here are a couple of pix I took while there.  I don't know why, but it never occurs to me to pull out the camera till I've already missed the chance to grab some pictures.  The first one was John and his wife Annette.  She's apparently helping John figure out how to knap a piece of Pedernales stone.  The second one is a Plant I found out I needed to stay away from called Poison Parsley.  Apparently it acts like an ANTI sun screen and causes your skin to blister and burn badly when exposed to the sun light. YUCK!

OneBow

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:32:57 am by Onebowonder »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #992 on: June 26, 2017, 08:15:45 pm »
Sure it was satisfying to sit back and observe bunch of like-minded folk using/enjoying a facility/environment ya brought into being. CONGRATS!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Patches

« Reply #993 on: June 27, 2017, 10:22:12 am »
Hey Eric, that parsley plant(Poison parsley, water parsley, goes by many common names) is spreading south fast.  It is here in Missouri so watch yourself when you are out.  Nasty, nasty stuff.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #994 on: June 27, 2017, 01:20:07 pm »
Looks like a fun time! Im going to have to make it up there sometime!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #995 on: June 27, 2017, 07:10:35 pm »
Good times!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #996 on: June 27, 2017, 10:59:38 pm »
Looks like a fun time! Im going to have to make it up there sometime!

Patrick
that would be awesome.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #997 on: June 27, 2017, 11:01:16 pm »
Good times!
Would have been even better with you man. The first time you came out was a lot of fun.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #998 on: June 27, 2017, 11:02:39 pm »
Sure it was satisfying to sit back and observe bunch of like-minded folk using/enjoying a facility/environment ya brought into being. CONGRATS!
it was very rewarding and look forward to seeing  it growing.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #999 on: June 28, 2017, 08:36:24 am »
Sure wish I would of made it.Looked like like a blast.I can see your not going to have any problem having things to do after retiring.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Stringman

« Reply #1000 on: June 28, 2017, 09:16:32 am »
Retirement!!??!? He won't retire. Annette may reassign him, but she won't ever let him just sit around!  -C- :BB  :KN   )-w(  )F( (AT)

Offline DC

« Reply #1001 on: June 28, 2017, 12:13:31 pm »
Retirement isn't about sitting around. It's about not having to go to work so you can fill your day doing what you want to do. Or in some cases trading two bosses for one.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1002 on: June 28, 2017, 01:04:59 pm »
Retirement!!??!? He won't retire. Annette may reassign him, but she won't ever let him just sit around!  -C- :BB  :KN   )-w(  )F( (AT)
She is asking me to slow down. Isaac is complaining that I am always working so I am trying to do more fun/play and not so much work like type activities. I would retire now but insurance is so high I have to wait a few more years unless they offer it in an early retirement  type of deal.
On the same note I worked my butt off pulling these bees from a house yesterday. I did manage to catch the queen. This only took me 6 hours without a break.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #1003 on: June 28, 2017, 01:11:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure extracting that Queen and her drones was a very BIG project from what you described.  Mo honey is Mo bettah!  - OneBow

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1004 on: July 16, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »