Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 306557 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 02:03:29 pm »
Next on "The Iowan Path" ... proven techniques for jigging for white tails.  We'll show you how to get more action on smaller jigs!

And now a word from our sponsors over at Jiffy Ice Augers:  Did you know that Jiffy makes over 20 different cover scent combinations that can be added to your two stroke oil in their new 2014 line of 2 stroke ice augers?  Turn that exhust into "Come Here, Deer!" scent trail!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Went tam

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:31 pm »
Hello Iowan Pathers!

I just spoke with Iowabow/JB and am looking forward to meeting the rest of the tribe soon.  I know John from another hobby and was very surprised to find him by accident here on PA.  My name Matt and my youngest daughter Maddie and I are new to the old ways of archery. 

Very much looking forward to the January gathering!

Matt

Offline iowabow

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 09:23:03 am »
It was great talking to you on the phone Matt! You and Maddie added to our tribe bring our numbers to 18. This does not count another 3 or 4 from outside the area. Wow we are really growing now.  See ya in a week or so.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 05:02:39 am »
Next on "The Iowan Path" ... proven techniques for jigging for white tails.  We'll show you how to get more action on smaller jigs!

And now a word from our sponsors over at Jiffy Ice Augers:  Did you know that Jiffy makes over 20 different cover scent combinations that can be added to your two stroke oil in their new 2014 line of 2 stroke ice augers?  Turn that exhust into "Come Here, Deer!" scent trail!
next week chainsaws and bow strings.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 08:59:42 am »
Photo closeup of my new bow and new arrow. Thought it was a cool picture.

Offline Ninja

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 08:29:43 pm »
That looks like that slow bow. It shoots about 43 FPS, and  has probably got at least two growth ring violations, a lifted ring, and about eight inches of set.  The arrow is so snakey that  it shoots around trees.   ;)  About the only person that could possibly shoot that combination straight is me, and my awesome ninja abilities. ;D   

Offline iowabow

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2013, 08:35:24 pm »
That looks like that slow bow. It shoots about 43 FPS, and  has probably got at least two growth ring violations, a lifted ring, and about eight inches of set.  The arrow is so snakey that  it shoots around trees.   ;)  About the only person that could possibly shoot that combination straight is me, and my awesome ninja abilities. ;D
lol your jw jr.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2013, 08:38:52 pm »
I took another tonight  :o

Offline Ninja

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2013, 08:47:52 pm »
Thats cool lookin!  I love it when it snows while Im huntin.  You should rub some of that bees wax on it to keep the moisture from penetrating the Tru Oil.  Im thinking of doing it to mine. 

Offline iowabow

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2013, 09:05:09 am »
Club news...

Hi everyone, we have a lot of new people joining our group and that's really great! It looks like Friday nights work best for most folks so let's try for next month's meeting to be on Friday, Jan 10th at 6pm. Be sure to bring your bow for the shooting competition. Like last time, you can take a shot at winning an arrowhead. Last month's winner was Tim. We can do another potluck. Let let me know what you're bringing so we don't double up. This next meeting will include a talk about how to braintan those deer hides. You don't have to use brains, however! Please let me know if you can make it. Tim Marshall from the Flint River Bow Hunting Club will come if he can make it. Hopefully, he can fill us in on the event and activities going on this year and how we can help. I will talk about IAJAM 2014. Hope you all can make it. 

Offline Went tam

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 10:59:26 am »
Iowabow.....I thought we were friends, this peice of thin ringed frustration you sent me home with is killing me in my pursuit of being lord of the ring chasers!!!

me

Offline iowabow

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 12:00:23 pm »
Iowabow.....I thought we were friends, this peice of thin ringed frustration you sent me home with is killing me in my pursuit of being lord of the ring chasers!!!

me
bring it over I will chase it for ya!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:28 pm »
This was funny and wanted to share it with ya'll ...it is real cold in Iowa.
this was a text from Craig... Your gonna be hatchet jack today. Just so you know, if I find you froze to a tree im taking your bow haha

Offline iowabow

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 12:35:14 pm »

me
after talking on the phone looks like you got it now.

Offline Went tam

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »

me
bring it over I will chase it for ya!

And turn in my man card......no way mister!