Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 314829 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2014, 12:03:51 pm »
Looks like great things were happening over there yesterday!  So will the guys be coming back soon to finish their bows?
 I would have MUCH rather of been there than snow blowing.  Between the nice pile the ILDOT was kind enough to pile next to the vehicles and three break down/repairs to the snow blower, it only took about 4 hrs to redistribute the snow.
On an up note, I did start sizing the top for your new bench.  It's going to be apr. 5' long 24" wide and 4" thick.  Gotta get a gallon of glue and hope to have the top glued up today and start laying out the base.

Me
yes they will come down one more time and finish them out maybe on the 15th before our 2pm meeting. Paul and Steve will come out one evening this week and heat treat one of the bows.  We all thought the bench we have was going to fall apart yesterday but it made it through the day. It is moving about 3 inches now lol. That bench your building sounds like it will be perfect. 4 inches is stout to be sure.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2014, 12:20:17 pm »
Matt if you get this in time call me Paul and I could grab that glue and come help on the bench if you want.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2014, 09:15:59 pm »
Cleared dam and Paul and Isaac having fun on the ice.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:39:33 pm by iowabow »

Offline iowabow

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2014, 09:16:27 am »
It is -9 degrees in southeast Iowa! The high forecast for the next week is 24 degrees. Getting work done outside is very difficult. This winter has been so cold for so long that working in 15 degree weather seems like a normal temp for a work day.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2014, 09:50:19 am »
Looks like the bunch and club is starting to come together.  ;) :)Careful what you wish for as I was told many years ago. :)It can get a little over whelming at times. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2014, 01:34:03 pm »
You have been busy
Great job , keep it up
Have fun
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline iowabow

« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2014, 10:43:10 am »
Got Isaac's finger x rayed and yep it is broken. He did it at wresting practice the other night.  He tried to act like it was no big deal as it was swollen to twice it's size. Heading now to an orthopedic surgeon to have a look at what needs to be done. Not one complaint about pain from this kid. I think he is more worried about what his mom is thinking.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »
Young Mr. Tough Guy!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Went tam

« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2014, 06:14:15 pm »
Just remind him that "Pain is temporary and chicks dig scars!"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2014, 05:35:05 am »
 :) :) :) hope all goes good with that,ant his shooting finger is it. :(
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2014, 07:56:56 am »
:) :) :) hope all goes good with that,ant his shooting finger is it. :(
  Pappy
little finger right hand so he should be good.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2014, 08:59:02 am »
Had a great weekend and got some time to work on my mentor bow. Tim came over and worked on his bow. Last night Paul and I went to our local bow club meeting and they threw huge support our direction for our Iowa Jam coming in march. They will provide all of the targets for the 3d shoot and help setting up for the event. Our group offered to help set up their shoots and assist with the youth jam at the Big Hollow Recreational Area. Our group bought a youth traditional long bow and donated it to be given away at the youth jam in may.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »
Had a great weekend and got some time to work on my mentor bow. Tim came over and worked on his bow. Last night Paul and I went to our local bow club meeting and they threw huge support our direction for our Iowa Jam coming in march. They will provide all of the targets for the 3d shoot and help setting up for the event. Our group offered to help set up their shoots and assist with the youth jam at the Big Hollow Recreational Area. Our group bought a youth traditional long bow and donated it to be given away at the youth jam in may.

And THAT is why the Sons Of Archery Bodark Originals didn't break with their archery club! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2014, 09:19:31 am »

And THAT is why the Sons Of Archery Bodark Originals didn't break with their archery club!
yep a kinda sympathomimetic/ synergistic relationship

Offline iowabow

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2014, 04:54:06 pm »
Very much looking forward to the weekend. All kinds of activities planned. First Isaac and I tapped the maple trees yesterday and he will again this year be doing the maple tree sap run for the next couple of weeks during the flow. Saturday Evan and Tyler will be coming down to finish their bows starting at 8am. Craig, Tim and maybe Paul will be coming to help tiller them out. I was hoping to work on my mentor bow in between all of the activity. it is looking like one of the best bows I have ever buit. At 2:00 pm we have a primitive group meeting (SOABO) and it will be our first day light meeting this year. I am going to do the tanning demo that we skipped last meeting so everyone can get up to speed on tanning those hides. This will also be our last meeting before IAJAM. We still have a lot to do to get ready but this time we have help from the club.