Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 314851 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #360 on: May 22, 2014, 11:18:00 pm »
;D ;D ;D Love the pic of Jdub lovin on that decoy.  ;D ;D ;D freakin funny, dp

John, you forgot the third reason you didn't get a bird....you missed in on the first day you were there.  :o

again, "Another Shot in the Dirt" by John Bybee. Soon to be at a book store near you.  ;D ;D ;D
Did you have to bring that up again? Lol

My theory, Mr. Bybee, is that our bowtarist friend has a "dirty" mind. 

One thing about our Iowabow, he has never failed to recover a Black Hills turkey that he has put an arrow into.   >:D  We laugh, we tease, but iowabow and I feel the same about the whole thing.  It is about the opportunity, it's about getting out there, time spend on the ground....even if it is sitting on a hillside thinking of how we can snap funny picture with the upper jaws of a deer for a prop. 

As for the photo of me lovin' on the decoy, we were just trying to make the gobblers jealous!  Turns out they could not stand up to competition such as me! They all folded their fans and went home.  Sorry John, I guess I am just too much of a strutter.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Adam

« Reply #361 on: May 22, 2014, 11:23:50 pm »
That looks like it was a great time in beautiful country.  Thanks for sharing the laughs!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #362 on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:00 am »
Truth be told never thought we would get close enough to take a shot.  This was a great trip and hope to do it again someday. JW did a great job calling and brought in a number of birds. If we were gun hunting we would have taken a bird but for me that is just to easy
I think the bowgnome should join us next time.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #363 on: May 23, 2014, 12:07:41 pm »
IS THAT AN INVITE!!! Sounds great to me! Make sure you give me some time to talk the wife into it and I'll be there. That is unless I come to hunt in Iowa...then I won't be able to do two trips to hunt.  ;)

Bowgnome....I like that, may have to change my handle.  ;D bowgnome...hehehe that's a gooder!

Looks like you guys had a great trip!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Parnell

« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2014, 12:12:50 pm »
Good pictures and fun to read.  Glad you guys enjoyed.
1’—>1’

Offline iowabow

« Reply #365 on: May 23, 2014, 01:37:50 pm »
IS THAT AN INVITE!!! Sounds great to me! Make sure you give me some time to talk the wife into it and I'll be there. That is unless I come to hunt in Iowa...then I won't be able to do two trips to hunt.  ;)

Bowgnome....I like that, may have to change my handle.  ;D bowgnome...hehehe that's a gooder!

Hey wife's aren't invited hehe I know what you meant though...you need a kitchen pass  >:D.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #366 on: May 23, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »
Yes John, a kitchen pass. I don't just run willey nilley all over the place at my free will. That stopped when the kids came into the picture.  ;)
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #367 on: May 23, 2014, 08:19:29 pm »

Hey wife's aren't invited hehe I know what you meant though...you need a kitchen pass  >:D.

I've never met Mrs Bowgnome, but she is more than welcome to come.  As for the ambulatory yard ornament, I have made no such offers.    ;)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2014, 11:12:32 pm »
Little behind posting on the path due to work on my up coming art show but last weekend Paul and I had a couple hours to do soom bow fishing and we had a blast . Sorry no other pictures we were just having too much fun and no time for pictures
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:06:04 am by iowabow »

Offline iowabow

« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:36 am »
I have been posting a couple pictures of this up coming art show so here is a picture of another work. I created the pieces about 6 months ago but just now figured out how to display the work. The shafts are nocked at both ends and crested at both ends it is kinda like an inward identity concept.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2014, 05:27:33 am »
Nice display,been wondering where you been. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2014, 05:43:54 am »
Hey JW, just caught up with those great pics. Gave me a good chuckle and a great deal of jealousy, we don't have any scenery that big over here >:( Well maybe in Scotland (shrugs)
Del
(you can put your teeth back in now)
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #372 on: June 08, 2014, 02:21:30 pm »
Paul and I made a few more fishing arrows today

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #373 on: June 09, 2014, 05:20:21 am »
Them look deadly John. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:17 am »
Work is continuing in many areas here in Iowa. Yesterday we had people out to participate in an experimental electric conversion  to a propane gas fired raku kiln. This is a way to get a little more life out of an old worn out electric kiln.