Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 314776 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #555 on: April 15, 2015, 07:35:25 am »
Yep been there done that. :( Tax folks love it when you improve. ;) :)
   Pappy

Yes they do!
And insurance folks too
What a racket!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #556 on: April 16, 2015, 08:51:01 am »
Ya back in the day I would just build stuff and not tell anyone or get a permit, now they have aerials,  ??? :o I still do it but they usually pay me a visit from time to time and remind me I need to get permits to builds anything, I just pay the fine [ usually small, about the price of the permit but less trouble]  ;) and ask forgiveness. :) of course property taxes will go up the next year. It's really funny and kind of sad I pay more every year in property tax than my family gave for the farm when they bought it. :) Go figure and the Gov. is always broke. Sorry for the rant it just gets to me sometime. :) :) Good luck John you are moving forward and that is what matters. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #557 on: April 16, 2015, 03:11:47 pm »
Ya back in the day I would just build stuff and not tell anyone or get a permit, now they have aerials,  ??? :o I still do it but they usually pay me a visit from time to time and remind me I need to get permits to builds anything, I just pay the fine [ usually small, about the price of the permit but less trouble]  ;) and ask forgiveness. :) of course property taxes will go up the next year. It's really funny and kind of sad I pay more every year in property tax than my family gave for the farm when they bought it. :) Go figure and the Gov. is always broke. Sorry for the rant it just gets to me sometime. :) :) Good luck John you are moving forward and that is what matters. :)
  Pappy

AMEN
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline iowabow

« Reply #558 on: April 18, 2015, 11:30:21 am »
Electric pole location
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #559 on: April 19, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »
More clearing work.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:16:22 pm by iowabow »

Offline iowabow

« Reply #560 on: April 19, 2015, 06:27:17 pm »
After working on the shelter project I decided to do a little fishing in the pond.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #561 on: April 19, 2015, 06:47:16 pm »
John, is that a hybrid? It's a heck of a bream.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline iowabow

« Reply #562 on: April 20, 2015, 07:35:04 am »
John, is that a hybrid? It's a heck of a bream.
Yes I put them on the pond about 6 years ago and they just keep getting bigger

Offline iowabow

« Reply #563 on: July 24, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »
Hi everyone been gone here taking care of family stuff. My father pasted away this summer. This loss was expected as his heath had declined over the past couple of years. I was lucky to be with him the day he passed.
Now I move forward with projects unfinished . Today I dug in the drainage pipe under the new road to the workshop area and recieved a load of  rock for the drive. The truck fell off the side and got stuck. My 30 minute project turned into hours but after much work we got him free. After the road was done he drove in and off the road with lime fill for the concrete floor and got stuck again. A 30 minute project turned into hours. It's now 2:00 pm and I started at 7:30am wow sometimes nothing is easy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:30:46 pm by iowabow »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #564 on: July 24, 2015, 08:01:57 pm »
John, sorry for your loss. It was good you could be with your Dad at the end.
 Been wondering where you've been.
Hopefully for you that Mr. Murphy is done with his pranks.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline iowabow

« Reply #565 on: July 28, 2015, 07:53:56 am »
It has rained in Iowa almost every two days making construction almost impossible.  Bringing in a concrete truck is just out of the question at this point and it will be for weeks to come. It rained again last night pushing concrete day further back yet again. I can only clear brush as I wait for inches of ground water to evaporated. Compounding my frustration is a greenhouse effect of a cooler summer and lots for rain that has converted my yard into a sod farm on steroids.  I mow almost every three or four days when the ground hardens just enough to bring the tractor out.
On a positive note blackberry jelly time is just around the corner then the honey harvest.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #566 on: July 31, 2015, 11:36:12 am »
Topping a tree had to be done before I could drop it. If you look closely there are power lines in the fall area of this tree. Another load of lime showed up so this afternoon I will start forming up the sides.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #567 on: July 31, 2015, 11:44:07 am »
Well, at least you are staying out of trouble, John.  ;)  Has it quit raining?

Offline iowabow

« Reply #568 on: July 31, 2015, 01:00:07 pm »
Pat it was going to rain on Saturday but they changed the forecast so I just might get a weather window to prepare everything. I dug a trench running away from the site to speed things up if it does rain in the short term.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »
Hope it holds out for you.