Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 314820 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #630 on: December 06, 2015, 01:43:11 pm »
Well after doing it twice the trusses are set
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #631 on: December 06, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »
This afternoon's work continued with Annette and I as we finished corner braces and pulled off supports
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:05:03 pm by iowabow »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #632 on: December 07, 2015, 04:57:29 am »
Looking good, where is all you help ?
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #633 on: December 07, 2015, 05:34:33 am »
I have been snapping pictures at the end of the day with my phone. Annette's been taking pictures with hers that have helpers in them. I just have not blue toothed them to my phone yet.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #634 on: December 09, 2015, 06:31:05 pm »
Paul and I had the last part of the day to drop the purlings on half of the roof. We are starting talk about how fun this is going to be once completed.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #635 on: December 09, 2015, 07:21:08 pm »
Looking good John. What will the roof material be?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline iowabow

« Reply #636 on: December 09, 2015, 07:46:44 pm »
The roof will be made from metal.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #637 on: December 10, 2015, 12:49:16 am »
Nice future shed John.I know you'll like it.You got to have room to grow I say.I've always liked out buildings just as much as a house.We finished an addition to the top of the burm home here too doubling our living footage.A livestock shed and a green house too yet.Nice thread you got here.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #638 on: December 10, 2015, 07:39:18 am »
Well now I should of been paying more attention here.You've been a busy fella.Read and looked at the whole thread here of the Iowan path.Your sure shaping up your place there  besides all of your other activities.Are you having fun yet?.....LOL.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Parnell

« Reply #639 on: December 10, 2015, 08:56:47 am »
Looking great!
1’—>1’

Offline iowabow

« Reply #640 on: December 10, 2015, 06:20:56 pm »
We set the others tonight!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #641 on: December 10, 2015, 06:40:17 pm »
Thanks Ed we need to visit each other's projects in the spring. Fun that's the thing YES it's a lot of fun.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #642 on: December 10, 2015, 06:56:10 pm »
Sounds good.That'll take about 2 days.Seems like we hav'nt had winter yet here in Iowa but it'll come.
So looks like your about ready for steel.Good your out of the wind in your location.Should go fast.Gonna insulate it?Got your screwguns ready?
Robin my woman here has turned my farm into an Old Mcdonalds' farm.Lots of critters....goats,horse,pigs,chickens,cats,dogs,parrots,finches,arachnids,turtles,geckos,bees,and our house has over 100 plants in it too......lol.Hence the greenhouse.She's into orchids.That's all fine with me.She's happy,and has a lot of chores....lol.You guys need a nice terrier?
BowEd
Ed

Offline iowabow

« Reply #643 on: December 11, 2015, 07:53:01 am »
Sounds good.That'll take about 2 days.Seems like we hav'nt had winter yet here in Iowa but it'll come.
So looks like your about ready for steel.Good your out of the wind in your location.Should go fast.Gonna insulate it?Got your screwguns ready?
Robin my woman here has turned my farm into an Old Mcdonalds' farm.Lots of critters....goats,horse,pigs,chickens,cats,dogs,parrots,finches,arachnids,turtles,geckos,bees,and our house has over 100 plants in it too......lol.Hence the greenhouse.She's into orchids.That's all fine with me.She's happy,and has a lot of chores....lol.You guys need a nice terrier?
Ed it's going to be open for now like a park shelter. I was thinking of extending the roof next year and in closing that area for a warm space to work during cold the  weather months here in iowa. Hey I drop my drill the other day and broke it almost in two parts. Any subjection guys of best quality replacement?
Annette's allergic to dogs so we can't have them around. The dander of animals makes her wind pipe close and she breaks out whenever she is contact with it.  I have never seen anyone be so reactive. I cleaned a dear and washed my hand and touched her face and she broke out. So we have to be careful about contact especially when I tan hides.
Ed you really are living the dream it sounds like the two of you compliment each other well. What most impressed me on my visit over there was the research you do into your bows. I was blown away by your bead work and perfection and creativity in everything you do. I really learned a lot about pouring all of my heart into my projects from you. You seem to be in the moment on every detail. Can't wait to see the changes you have made to your place.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:59:53 am by iowabow »

Offline iowabow

« Reply #644 on: December 11, 2015, 05:29:42 pm »
The top of the post are cut and stainless screws fastened to the plate and post. Now facia boards.