Author Topic: The Iowan Path  (Read 306473 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: The Iowan Path
« Reply #1005 on: July 16, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »
Good read. Thanks!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #1006 on: July 16, 2017, 08:28:41 pm »
Gooood going getting that hive.A lady approached me the other day at a farmers' market about getting bees from a home they were buying.I said there could be damage to the siding.She said I can't have that.So I said I could'nt do it...lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1007 on: July 18, 2017, 04:23:38 pm »
We lost a real good guy on Suday. Tim Julison (in the blue) passed from a heart attack. He was a great guy and help a lot of guys learned to build their first bow with him. He was a good friend and a student of painting (damm good one) that I taught at the college. I'm really going to miss this guy.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1008 on: July 18, 2017, 07:18:37 pm »
Sorry for your loss, John. It's hard to loose old friends,
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2017, 04:29:53 pm »
Hey there Jon. Condolences on your loss. We recently lost a Pit River weaver here. Seems like there is something in the air....

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1010 on: July 24, 2017, 04:54:00 pm »
Very sorry for your loss John. It sounds like he passed it along before he left. Those kind of people are truly special and hard to come by. I'm sure he will be fondly remembered by those he helped.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1011 on: July 26, 2017, 06:47:54 am »
Sorry for your loss John, good friends are hard to loose. :) Gets worse as you get older. We now have our class reunion once a year instead of every 5 because we are loosing so many. :( That's life I guess.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #1012 on: August 06, 2017, 04:01:52 pm »
John, Is Tim the fella that was there when I visited?  I'm terrible with names, but I recall that he had been one of your students and was driving that small-ish red pickup with a wooden ladder rack on the back of it.  My sympathy to you and your friends over the loss...

OneBow
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:27:49 am by Onebowonder »

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #1013 on: August 11, 2017, 10:48:52 am »
I'm sorry I wasn't able to come meet all of you for the shindig, and even more sorry that I missed out on meeting your friend.  He sounded like a great guy, and I'm sorry for your loss. 

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1014 on: September 01, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »
I'm sorry I wasn't able to come meet all of you for the shindig, and even more sorry that I missed out on meeting your friend.  He sounded like a great guy, and I'm sorry for your loss.
Well we will meet him again at a different time, he is just leading the way now.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1015 on: September 01, 2017, 02:27:34 pm »
I have been busy put Tim's Art show together. In addition to being a bow maker and outdoorsman he was a real good artist and student of my for the last 5 years. Below are a couple pictures from the opening. The event was well attended and spilled into the hall.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1016 on: April 20, 2018, 06:40:41 am »
Been kicked hard but I'm on my feet and fighting back. Time to continue down the path. Don't want to focus on the past here but death of friends and health issue knocked me down hard but I have always been one to hit back. So look for more of this thread to continue my friends.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:43:59 am by iowabow »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1017 on: April 20, 2018, 06:47:15 am »
John, sorry to hear about your health problems and the loss of your friend.
 Will you be coming to the Classic in a few weeks?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1018 on: April 20, 2018, 06:53:57 am »
Missed you for sure, glad you are back at it. Was thinking about you just the other day and wondered where you had been. Sorry for your loss and hope your health is improving. You have been in my thoughts. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #1019 on: April 20, 2018, 07:23:22 am »
Been kicked hard but I'm on my feet and fighting back. Time to continue down the path. Don't want to focus on the past here but death of friends and health issue knocked me down hard but I have always been one to hit back. So look for more of this thread to continue my friends.
ok have to see how the need few weeks go.