Author Topic: Matched set of Gunther Barbed points...  (Read 8249 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Matched set of Gunther Barbed points...
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 01:21:28 pm »
good lord those are amazing.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 05:42:54 pm »
How doth?
Seriously.
I really don't know how to respond.
You are one heck of a knapper.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 09:25:22 pm »
Started last year . No learning curve there. Wished I was that good after7 years
Knapper

Sheesh!
Been Working at Learning to Knapp for Two Years.
Still hoping for an "Ah Ha!" moment...
It is my Weakest Link.    :o

-gus
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:30:27 pm by Gus »
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Tower

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 03:13:01 am »
Gus that's hilarious.   I've been cooking for 41 years & wishing for an Ah Ha moment like yours.   
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 07:47:15 am »
Very very nice!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Ahnlaashock

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 03:59:22 pm »
I already said it once, but it bears repeating.  You are raising a technical process, to the level of art form.  I don't make comments often on others work, but this is about the third or fourth time you have posted what is simply amazing work. 
As far as stone goes.  I would be willing to send you some.  My son just came home earlier this year for the second time.  Nothing fancy.  Just raw or mildly heat treated Burlington. 

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 06:50:34 am »
I already said it once, but it bears repeating.  You are raising a technical process, to the level of art form.  I don't make comments often on others work, but this is about the third or fourth time you have posted what is simply amazing work. 
As far as stone goes.  I would be willing to send you some.  My son just came home earlier this year for the second time.  Nothing fancy.  Just raw or mildly heat treated Burlington.

Much appreciated man I appreciate your kind words. I am sure if goes the same with everyone else crafting things here on this forum, all the encouragement and advice from others pushes us to continue to improve and do our best. Its a really cool community we have here. I should be set on rock for the rest of my deployment with what is in the mail currently. Thank you for the generous offer. Take care of yourself !
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Ahnlaashock

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »
You are welcome!  When I finish one of those, i will be happy, much less producing them like an assembly line! 
I typed a further response, and then after reading it, erased it.  Was getting to be too close to politics to post!  Keep your head down.