Author Topic: Getting better (and colorful...)  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Aaron H

Re: Getting better (and colorful...)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 05:49:39 pm »
those are sweet

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 11:37:28 pm »
Nicearrows for certain. Nocks look fine. Still have issues with mine and I have been building arrows for 30 years!!!! Nice work all around..
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline TimBo

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 11:58:11 am »
Super nice arrows!  I agree - those look like A grade self nocks to me, but it is easy to be picky with your own work.  I am always a bit jealous of Jay Massey's perfect self nocks in the Arrows chapter of TBB...but really, if we needed perfect, we could use those plastic thingys!

Offline JEB

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 08:17:00 am »
Very nice looking arrows all the way around from tip to nock.  What glue did you use for the feathers?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 04:24:35 pm »

Very nice arrows, and don't see any problems with your fletching.  I would however, put a little more wrapping behind the points, and in front of the  nocks.  Other than that, very very, nice 8)  Do you have any problems with the wide bone points, causing flight problems?

Wayne

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 04:38:41 pm »
Fletchings look good to me!  What glue did you use to haft your points?
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline BryanR

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »
Based on all the comments, I guess I'm doing OK.  Thanks for all the positive replies!

Fetching tape for the feathers.  Easy and clean.  Use 5 minute epoxy for the points.  India ink is my go to color - mimics pitch pretty well.  On these, I colored the epoxy with the same dye as the shafts.  Red and yellow epoxy is awesome to look at.

I haven't shot the bone points yet.  They're around 40-50g, so they may be a bit too light. 

Bryan