Author Topic: Are you suffering from Post TN Classic Syndrome? (PTNCS)  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Are you suffering from Post TN Classic Syndrome? (PTNCS)
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:40:40 pm »
I just got back from the TN Classic.  It was my first experience there, ...and it was great to meet so many of you there!  ...but I have noticed in myself and others a certain melancholy condition as a follow on to the euphoric high of getting to experience all the wonder that is the TN Classic.  The very thought of having to wait most of a full year to get back to that wonderful condition can be morose and overwhelming!

BUT DO NOT DISPAIR!!! 
There is hope, and it doesn't take a whole year to get it!  MOJAM is every bit the awesome, if somewhat smaller event.  Mark your calendars now for July 17 - 19.  They'll be loads of that same fun we just had at the Classic, bow building, several different shoots, Atlatl throwing, primitive skills demonstrations, awesome food, a few interesting beverages, ...but mostly good friends and camaraderie by the ton!

Friend there is NO reason to suffer in silence all year long from such misery as PTNCS.  The cure is to come back to the Classic next year, ...but for quicker relief of the immediate symptoms, take in MOJAM in July!

OneBow (...who is not affiliated with the organizers or sponsors of MOJAM - just a fan!)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: Are you suffering from Post TN Classic Syndrome? (PTNCS)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 07:40:45 am »
Good post Eric and all true but you forgot to mention the heat... ???
 ;)

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:25:25 pm »
I've heard great things about MOJAM but where is it and is it a camping event like the classic? Pitch a tent, need to bring food or can it be supplemented like the classic?

I don't know if I can make it but would love to try.  So far I've only been to the classic twice and after this weekend, marshall Mi twice.  Both are full of great people and well organized events.
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Patches

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 10:03:08 am »
Forest Farmer, go to Marshall Bowhunters . org andd there is a flyer about MOJam.  Its primitive camping, and I am not sure when people actually start showing up to camp.  The is a snackbar with biscuits and gravy for breakfast and burgers/hotdogs through the day.  Alot of people bring food and there is a potluck supper and auction Saturday evening.  Showers are available just up the hill at the city pool.  I think there is a small fee for the showers...I am not sure tho.  There is free ice for your coolers. 

MoJam is always fun.  Yes, it can be a little warm. I do remember a couple times tho it was really nice weather too.  It is fun, you get to meet people from all over the country (and sometimes other countries).  As Dave (DVSHunter) said in the MoJAm 2014 thread, with all the attention being given to archery now and a plug in the MO COnservation Magazine, there may be more people at this years event. 

Hopefully get to meet you soon! 

Neal 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 11:57:42 pm »
Thanks for the info Neil, I'll chk it out and let you know if I can make it.  Sounds like a good event.
Ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!