Author Topic: R/D Osage (tiller check please)  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Will H

Re: R/D Osage (tiller check please)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:25 am »
Thanks Blackhawk, that's how I was planning on getting the outer thirds moving. I'm at 1/2" tips now, I'll probably taper to 3/8"-5/16" from mid limb. The string tracks perfectly so I think I can go pretty thin. This stave is one of three sister staves (two sides and a belly) that are straight grained and CLEAN! I actually used a string line to lay them out. Pretty rare with Osage. I plan on making all three like this with minor variations to each.

I know what you guys are talking about, I started getting a headache and thought I'd post my progress for a little relief!  :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

blackhawk

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 12:24:00 pm »
Cool cool...can't wait to see her all done....I'm betting your gonna be loving it ;) ..oh and don't forget to cut in a shelf too ;)  :laugh:  8)

Offline Will H

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 12:45:02 pm »
You know I'm gonna cut a shelf in  >:D it's only fitting :) hey Chris could you help me calculate mass for this bow. I know they are supposed to be pretty heavy but I haven't exactly figured out how the formula works on a R/D like this one.
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 03:21:30 pm »
One thing I like to do is trace the unbraced and braced outlines of the bow directly above it. It just gives you a good reference.  Looking great so far, smooooooooooooth :)
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

blackhawk

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »
Will u should end up +/- an ounce or two from 18 ounces...;)